Hidden Falls Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Hidden Falls Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forest Falls, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

THIS TRAIL IS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. Permission to access can only be granted by the owner. Steep incline to the hidden falls! Bring plenty of water! Well, worth the hike! Bring a swimsuit for a quick dip in the many pools before you climb back down!

You are definitely trespassing if you come here. Lol!

I got guided off the property and told to park 5 minutes down the road to the public lot and trail head of Momyer trail. It added an additional 2 miles to my hike so no biggie.

Mostly easy if you're okay with heights, narrow paths, and overgrown vegetation. The trail doesn't look like it gets much visitors. Once you get to the highest point up you'll make an immediate descent into the canyon. There are three sections of rope climbing. The first two are relatively easy as the rope is taught on from top and bottom. The last is a loose rope down.

If you choose to go all the way down please be sure to check the tension and make sure you've extended the rope all the way beforehand. I failed to properly check this and thought a few rough tugs could determine it was safe to go down. This descent is a 15 ft drop off a rocky cliff. It does not have a slope like the other two. My rope gave me an additional three ft as I was descending and caused me to fall and hurt myself.
So yeah don't do what I did!

Waterfall has multiple tiers
Base tier has a decent flow but is very short in stature. I came here to check it off bucket list. Worth the travel for the views too!

The waterfall payoff was great! And the rope climb was fun. It is very frustrating to find, though. I posted a map that I took a picture of at the Forest Home check-in. We parked at the Mears Lodge and walked down the paved road to the Inspiration Point trailhead.

When you see the sign for Hidden Falls it looks like it's pointing you back where you came from, but when you walk up a bit you see the unmaintained trail going straight uphill.

It's a rugged climb over rocks and slippery dirt about 3/4 mile. When you hear the rushing water you see the first rope climb. The water was flowing and the surroundings were the ultimate peace.

We took our dog, but I wouldn't take babies or little kids. I DO highly recommend this adventure!!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Monday, July 25, 2016

This was quite the adventure! The reviewers who mentioned out being easy to find and taking a newborn were probably talking about the Big Falls Trail, not this Hidden Falls Trail. We had a hard time finding the route for this one it weaves its way through the private Christian Camp, but we followed the GPS track and used the information that the other review were provided which was very helpful. Once we turned onto the part of the route that was marked "Hidden Falls Trail", the trail became very overgrown and rocky, with lots of yucca extending into the trail -wear pants! The footing is very difficult, but the rope down into the canyon was very helpful and fun! It was a great workout, had great viewers, and we had a good time, but were disappointed to find the falls DRY when we got there

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

The trail was sortve hard to find at first. You have to go through Forest Home (the Summer camp) to get to the hike. Follow the sign for inspiration lookout and that will eventually lead you to the trail for Hidden Falls. Once you find the trail sign for hidden falls, it's all uphill from there. It kicked my butt! The falls itself was pretty underwhelming but there were ropes that helped you get to the stream/waterfall and it was a ton of fun using the ropes to get to the falls! Definitely recommend this hike!!

Saturday, May 07, 2016

All time favorite hike!!! Beautiful views. The only negative thing about this hike is the graffiti! The waterfall at the end of trail is amazing!!!

Monday, May 02, 2016

Hidden Falls was a hard one I felt every muscle in my body after this hike. When I made it to the top the waterfall was not that big. Think I went at the wrong time. Someone had put rope and that help alot going down to the waterfall and coming back up felt like i was rock climbing and that was fun

Monday, September 14, 2015

Brought my newborn along! it was so beautiful and a fun family memory!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Get short hike for the entire family

Saturday, May 10, 2014

lots if loose sand on rocks very slipper on way up to falls. not a safe hike for kids 5 and year. some steep drops to watch for on trail up to falls.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Nice quick trail. Easy to get to. Great in the snow.