Hidden Falls to River Otter Loop

Hidden Falls to River Otter Loop is a 4.2 mile loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We did this hike on Christmas day, there were about 5 or 6 different happy families we encountered. It was a nice easy hike with well defined trails, bridges and overlooks. Several different trails intersect so you have options to do a little or a lot! Kid and dog friendly and pretty accessible overall. I don't think I would do this hike again. Once was enough. There are so many more trails in this area to explore!

Be prepared to reserve your spot online beforehand or pull out of the way of the entrance and hope you have cell signal to create a profile. I believe this only applies on weekends and holidays. All day pass is $8. Plenty of people on a Saturday if you don’t mind that. Best for families with small children. I felt the signs to find this trail were not that easy to follow.

Sunday, January 29, 2017