Hermit Falls Trail

Hermit Falls Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the Foothill Freeway (I-210) in Arcadia, take the Santa Anita Avenue exit and drive north to Chantry Flat, 4.6 miles.

Not bad, all of the graffiti on the rocks was disappointing.

Short trail but with some great swimming holes

It’s easy to walk in beautiful to see

Amazing view

The hike is great but once you get to the falls it’s garbage it’s sad that people love to make Mother Nature look like the city. Please stop making mother look like the dead city’s

Great hike with my 6 & 7 year old boys. Some of the trails were narrow and sketchy. If you slipped off you would probably done for. There wasn't much of a waterfall at the end but the pool was deep enough for cliff jumping. I did the big cliff jump and didn't have any difficulties except trying to climb back up the side of the cliff. Overall it was a great experience, if I did it again I would probably secure my kids to me with rope so if they slipped I would be able to pull them up the steep cliffs. I read that a high school senior in June slipped off the trail and fell a 100ft to his death...be careful out there and enjoy!!

this time of year weather wasnt bad, 78 degrees. plenty of shade and benches in the beginning of hike. signs for hermit falls are a bit unclear but if you take the main walkway down and go to the right- its a straight shot from there. water is only 3 feet, good to just lounge around. saw a baby rattlesnake so be cautious! this hike has a lot of hills and uneven walkways definetly not a good match for someone clumsy or elderly.

The trail has decent scenery and is well kept, and there is plenty of shade once you get going. It wasn't extremely crowded but it was a rough crowd. Hikers were blaring music from speakers on the trail and at the falls and more than 30 college aged kids were drinking and smashing bottles. A drunk boy fell and dislocated his shoulder. Some of the hikers were friendly and even helped my kids safely use the rock slides. the water felt amazing and the area was beautiful but the crowd will prevent me going back.

went about 8am in the morning. lovely trail with plenty of green and a nice river flowing by. there is a really nice, clean pool of water, that I think I'll dip into next time I go, just before the "waterfall" at the end. It was anticlimactic. Extremely dirty. cans, bottles, socks, shirts, tagging. but the trail itself was a breath of fresh air and relaxing, it's the journey after all, not the destination, I suppose. If you go early, you get serene sounds of birds and crickets playing in tandem and squirrels dancing around the trees. I would suggest some bug repellent.

Narrow pathways, there is no more waterfall, and the pool of water at the end of this trail, is dirty looking. The trail itself was moderate. Coming back up was a serious workout. I would not recommend taking dogs. Walkway is too narrow. About a 2 hour hike.

Minimal waterfall, but two pools of water deep enough for cliff diving and a rock slide

So fun! Easy hike and there is still water at the fall.

EXCELENTE LUGAR PARA ENVOLVERCE CON LA NATURALEZA