Hermit Falls Trail

Hermit Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the Foothill Freeway (I-210) in Arcadia, take the Santa Anita Avenue exit and drive north to Chantry Flat, 4.6 miles.

nice trail could see the fall due to my dog not being able to go down the cliff but definitely will go again.

I enjoy this hike. It's a popular one amongst younger ppl so be aware that a lot of them hike here which is the reason there's graffiti on a few of the rocks. There is a huge cliff jump which is pretty dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. I've seen friends do it so it's not impossible you just have to jump right. I really enjoy this hike.

Easy trail. Some narrow paths. Nice and short; did this trail first and went back to do Sturtevantfalls too. Nice and shady. Can be a little harder on the way back because of the incline. My8year old loved it, too! Tried to go to all the way down but it seems like the path either collapsed or I just couldn't find it. There was though, a path in between the rocks but too steep and couldn't get my son up/down from it so we just stayed in the area of the first falls. Water was freezing!

It's not bad, but can be overcrowded. I found a lot of trash on the trail and the graffiti really takes away from the awe of nature.

We took the long way to get there which made it a better hike, but it was nice that there was water there even with the drought! I'm sure it's awesome after some rain, and would be fun to jump in during the summer! The graffiti and trash at the bottom was not cool though.