Hensley Lake Day Use Areas Trail

Hensley Lake Day Use Areas Trail is a 2.7 mile out and back trail located near Madera, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Madera, CA: Follow Road 400 northeast for 17 miles to reach Hensley Lake.

Great place to take the dog for some running and biking. There are many options to make each visit a little different. Nothing too technical, but some sustained, steeper climbs will get the heart pumping.

Great Hike... easy for all the family... Loved all the beautiful wild flowers along the trail

peaceful river where the dog was free to run around

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It was a great little spot for interval training. Not a good spot for a nice trail run though. That said, this place had me thinking I needed to go buy a mountain or Hybrid bike. I shall be back, better equipped next time.

Monday, February 22, 2016

My friends know I like this hike so for my birthday, Valentine's Day we hiked the loop out past Nesting Eagles and more wild flowers than you could shake your hiking sticks to the river. There's lots to do with hiking, biking, horseback riding frisby golf, boating, fishing, boating etc. My "Service Animal" Friday is a Lab, he gets to be a regular dog on these trails and I apologize to the ground squirrels and rabbits he has harassed. This is a great spring hike