Henry Cowell Redwoods to Garden of Eden

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(69)
Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park

Henry Cowell Redwoods to Garden of Eden is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Felton, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 301 feet Route Type: Loop

Starting on the Redwood Grove trail we were unable to find a way to cross over the river to get to the OX Trail Path. The water isnt that deep but we thought there was a foot bridge to cross over. The trestle bridge doesn't look very safe and there are big danger signs saying no foot traffic live bridge or something like that. There is no footpath on either side of the tracks, just tracks and railroad ties and a fee fall to the river bottom if you miss a step. My dog would never agree to cross that thing. Reading others reviews and seeing the photos I now think this is the intended crossing bridge and maybe I would have sucked it up and given it a shot had I known at the time. But if this is the crossing spot then Id say this trail is NOT for everyone. Ultimately, we did not make it to the Garden of Eden because we couldn't figure out how to get across but we did do a nice hike and swam and lounged for a bit too. Lots of trails to choose from.

State Park is finally open. They are asking for contact less payments for parking I believe. I have a pass so I didn't stop but. Beginning of trail is one way and clearly marked. Very shaded

Mostly paved if have dog. Near the roaring railroad train

Poorly marked in sections, helpful to bring GPS or walk the tracks...

Shade, cool by river

Great hike. Amazing breath taking views

It’s a great trail with huge red woods.