Hellman Trails

Hellman Trails is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice heavily traveled hike. The uphill is very challenging. The problem is not with the hike the problem was with the city of Whittier wear myself and friends I hiked with all received parking tickets. There is no where to park only a small parking lot that is full. Where are you supposed to park to hike at this place? It was a very expensive hike I doubt if I will be back city of Whittier is taking advantage of people

Great Hike. It was my first hike in a long time, so it was challenging. View up at the water tower is spectacular. My hike down was serene as I took the trail that hugs the northwest side of the hill. Definitely be back again.

Moderate my a$$... Legs burning so totally worth it!!

This is a great trail to work on inclines!

Nice trail that will get your heart rate pumping. Great views in all directions. Gate to trail opens at 9 am.

It is a beautiful hike! I try to go a few times a week.

It is one of the most beautiful places for a good hike ! And safe !!

Nice local hike with a pleasant view of the ocean on a clear day. Can be very hot on a sunny summer day. ALSO BE SURE TO EXIT THE PARK'S GATES BY 6 PM (summer hours) sharp because a park ranger will lock the gates and ticket you.

We Love Coming To Hellman Trail

Love it here !!!

the cool thing about this trail, IT IS ALL UPHILL! you can get a good work out in, guaranteed.

Gates open at 9am. Parking is hard to find. The trail itself is very good. Less markers. Easy to lose track.

steep hills from beginning to the far East water tank.....the heat adds to the hike...i don't know I liked the steepness of the trails but it's a place I would only come to hike to once a year if I was close by...

great hike. parking lot is small plan to get there early or park some ways. there's a lot of trash and dog poo on the trail but overall therre is a lot of shade on the trail and wonderful views. would definitely go back.

Good Workout

love it

Loved it. Next time I will be a little more prepared. Meaning more sun block , water and shorts !

Great trail.
A couple of notes though...
* The cutback from Skyline back to the start point is completely overgrown. Don't plan on being able to take the cutback. You'll need to turn this hike into a there-and-back trail.
* The map shows a trail running from skyline to Carinthia Dr. That trail is locked and gated. You are not able to pass. The gate at the top is easy to go around. The gate in the middle is easy to crawl under. But the gate at the bottom is barbed wire, tall, and pretty much impassable.
* I ended up taking skyline all the way to Grande Vista Dr. then called an Uber to get me and my hike buddy back to the start. That route for me was 4mi, 970ft elevation gain.

Hope that helps!

I love. this plece.

great trial love. the improvements