Hellman Trails

Hellman Trails is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

41 minutes ago

steep hills from beginning to the far East water tank.....the heat adds to the hike...i don't know I liked the steepness of the trails but it's a place I would only come to hike to once a year if I was close by...

great hike. parking lot is small plan to get there early or park some ways. there's a lot of trash and dog poo on the trail but overall therre is a lot of shade on the trail and wonderful views. would definitely go back.

Good Workout

love it

Loved it. Next time I will be a little more prepared. Meaning more sun block , water and shorts !

Great trail.
A couple of notes though...
* The cutback from Skyline back to the start point is completely overgrown. Don't plan on being able to take the cutback. You'll need to turn this hike into a there-and-back trail.
* The map shows a trail running from skyline to Carinthia Dr. That trail is locked and gated. You are not able to pass. The gate at the top is easy to go around. The gate in the middle is easy to crawl under. But the gate at the bottom is barbed wire, tall, and pretty much impassable.
* I ended up taking skyline all the way to Grande Vista Dr. then called an Uber to get me and my hike buddy back to the start. That route for me was 4mi, 970ft elevation gain.

Hope that helps!