Heller's Bend Preserve Trail

Heller's Bend Preserve Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fallbrook, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I've done this several times and I have NO clue how they get 1.9 miles. I don't track milage but I know that it takes me 15 min. to he top and I usually will hike to the top 3 or 4 times. The trail is paved and its incredibly steep. I have never seen anyone else on the trail. I would rate this as a very short moderate/ difficult trail. parking is non existent. if you are not in the area, I wouldn't make a trip to hike this.

Trail on end of map really over grown. Trail eroded in places. Very sketchy trail. Good trail at the beginning

The trail had a decent steady incline, it was also a lot shorter than the mileage stated on the app.
Kid friendly, parking is sketchy, trail stops when the pavement stops.

Short but sweet! Nice incline.

Washed out trail, but at least it is a uphill trail for the legs.

Certainly not easy at least 4 me has a killer elavation change 7 stories

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hiked this "trail" this morning. If you blink you'll miss the entrance, so watch out for the white ranch style signing because that is all there is. There is no parking lot just street parking along Hellers Bend road. The trail is paved the whole way up however there are dirt trails off on the sides. When you get to the top it appears the trail keeps going but is a dirt path. We followed this around and down another side of the hill and ended up on someone's private property. There was a chain with a Heller's Bend sign saying "No ATVs" so we had assumed this was just a barrier so atv's and other vehicles aren't used in the trail. Nope. So we had to climb back up the hill and then back down the paved trail. It wasn't a bad hike but I wish there was more signage and clear marker where you are not to go farther because it is someone's property.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Parking is horrible. Very up hill.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Monday, June 06, 2016

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Friday, May 13, 2016

Great trail - so beautiful! Watch for poison oak, though. The place is crawling with it right now.

Monday, February 29, 2016

It was great. My wife and I managed it very well. We went with our 1 year old and she walked the whole thing (so you can imagine the pace). It is a little steep at certain points and short but for the most part it has great views and it was awesome.

Sunday, February 28, 2016