Helen McCoy Loop: Eucalyptus Trail

Helen McCoy Loop: Eucalyptus Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chino Hills, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 406 feet Route Type: Loop

Hiked this trail this morning. I am 74 and do mostly what is called "Nordic Walking" (look it up, many benefits). This is a very good trail for this activity because it has a balanced mix of uphill, downhill and flats which makes for a good walking workout. The only section that I am not wild about is the long flat paved English Road. I don't like walking on pavement because it seems to beat me up more than dirt. Still, it is a pleasant trail and has nice views. It is popular and there were lots of walkers out this morning.

Enjoyed this trail a lot of up hill in the beginning, the trail head was a little hard to find. Nice urban trail with a beautiful view. Well worth it great workout, part of the trail is near residential area and equestrian farms.

I love this route. It’s hard to find the beginning point according to the AllTrails map, but once you find it, it’s easy to stay on track. There are lots of animals and things to see. There is a high elevation at some point, depending where you start. Cute hike!

Nice wide trail. Kid friendly....a lot of incline in the beginning.

It’s a very nice hike near my home. We actually began the hike after we walked through English Park. The hiking trail has postings, but sometimes it wasn’t marked where to turn. It’s better to use the map, so you know where to turn. The area was clean and peaceful. The uphill climb may be a challenge for some.

Nice walk, a lot of incline first half. Giving it a 3 star because it is NOT marked well. Use the app to follow the trail.

If you follow the path you will be more pleased, it starts near the suburbs and ends pleasantly much more wild, so it is a very good mixture, and now I feel like I am reviewing a smoothie.

A nice safe hike with excellent views of the Chino Hills area.

the trail marker posts are a bit misleading for a first timer.

I went in the morning on a Sunday and had a great time. There was a cool breeze, pleasant people and wonderful aromas from the surrounding Honeysuckle and other plant species. I would love to come back here, but on a cool day as there is not too much shade for most of the trail.

Confusing where to start trail .. I was going up and everyone was coming down ?? Can someone clarify starting point ? TYIA

I like this trail better than others I’ve been to the fact that it connects with another trail.

Due to no markings for the South Loop, I wound up hiking the Eucalyptus Trail/Helen McCoy loop, which was 3.43 miles. Half of the hike is a side road with Horse Ranches (no side walk; 15mph for cars, but some went faster, might not be safe for kids). I walked to Peyton which is a busy Street because i didn’t see a turn off of English road. Confusing trail markers for 1st timers. The 1st part of the trail was very nice. A small section is behind people’s backyards.

love doing this hike with my kiddos.❣

I love the different views, awesome looking at horses while you're running biking walking or jogging.

Half is in neighborhood and the other half is the trail. Trail is beautiful. Would absolutely do it again. Easy for dogs too.

Half of this trail is actually along a busy street. If you are looking for a quick walk/hike and you don’t mind the cars passing by this is a good option but if you are looking for an actual hike that’s away from city noise and busy streets, this one is Not for you. The top of the trail is actually nice where u can see the rolling hills and homes.

Wed Nov 28 2018

Easy hike in Chino Hills! Views from the top of the hill are great! Fields are brown right now, it will most likely turn back to green by March or April.

Fri Nov 23 2018

Nice easy hike for the kids and fam. Also a nice place for a trail run.

Wed Nov 07 2018

First time doing a hike in years. That first hill is pretty intense. Loved the views and seeing the goats, horses and cows. I did find the signs to be a little confusing since there are two trails the meet. People were super friendly. Will definitely do this trail again in the future.

Thu Sep 06 2018

Beautiful views and beautiful animals to see. My new favorite hike!

Mon Aug 27 2018

Many steers, horses, and lizards. It was a hot hike but enjoyed it.

Wed Jul 11 2018

I had forgotten about this trail(since I don’t live in area anymore) but I remembered when I came here Tuesday and I loved it. Yes the first hill is a lil challenging but I made it, for my daughter the scenery and horses towards the end was the best part. Definitely coming here twice a week.

Thu Jun 07 2018

Great for kids, we all love it

Sun May 27 2018

Loved this trail! The only thing to be aware of is that you will need to cross multiple roads so if you are bringing little ones make sure you can make that happen! But beautiful scenery and a wonderful path to take! Not hard but a good workout!

Fri May 25 2018

Loved this trail! I felt safe, a lot of friendly faces along the way... loved the change of scenery!

Mon Apr 30 2018

Short and light, good scenery but nothing amazing.

Fri Apr 13 2018

Perfect trailer for a beginning hiker who is looking to push themselves. The first half of the trail is a little challenging, with a few steep hills. Luckily they lead to a beautiful view! The true reward for all that cardio is the second half of the Loop. Once the dirt trail ends, follow the pavement through what I like to call "the old Chino Hills." See the beautiful ranch homes that are nestled between the hills. Feed a friendly cow or two, and have a nice conversation with a friendly donkey! And don't forget to take pictures of all the wildflowers and beautiful trees.