Heartbreak Ridge

Heartbreak Ridge is a 17 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Big Bear City, California and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from November until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Drove my 4x4 Jeep to the fork then proceeded another 3 miles ahead. Nice trail for off-roading. Recommend 4x4 with lift. We we’re looking for somewhere with snow. Didn’t find much. Will try again next year.

off road driving

Beautiful intermediate trail, can be done stock Jeep if very careful. I recommend a lift and you’ll need 4x4.

off road driving

Beautiful trail and nice technical skills practice. We had a stock JK Sahara (no lift) a nicely tuned FJ Cruiser, a Taco with small lift and body armor and my K5. Taco and JK were the ones who rubbed on the rocks most, but no problem making the trail. My K5 was a little wide for some parts, but made it through fine due to short wheel base at tight locations. I never rubbed any sliders or bumpers (4" lift on 35s) I'll be back to this one and try to enjoy the beautiful view and take some pictures next time.

The first fork off of 2N01, has been blocked, no longer exists. The trail really begins when you leave 2N01 and head up the canyon. The small loop, up around the top of the hill, is fun with some great views.

Sunday, August 28, 2016