Heart Rock Trail

Heart Rock Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park in Camp Seeley in a small dirt parking lot. This trail is short and along a creek with some small water falls and 10 - 15 foot water fall near Heart Rock. Some of the small water falls could be used as natural water slides.

the trail is unmarked it is to the right of the paved Road. it is nice easy Trail

Great for kids and great for a summer swim.

Great hike to enjoy with the family. Simple and amazing scenery.

We really enjoyed the hike great to be outdoors. A great trail for dogs would like to revisit when there's water coming down the stream.

Fun hike with the kids!!

This was a great trail, though we missed the trail in the trees and went on the paved road. There is a sign to get you on the right track from the paved road. Hearts are also painted on tree stumps to guide you. We came back on the trail through the trees.

One option for the beginning of the trail is at the wee parking lot where the gate goes across the one lane paved road. It is not a long walk to this trail head but if you don’t want to walk as far, go down the wee road (across the part where the creek crosses the road) by the entrance to the campground and there is a place to park at the trailhead. You will see two signs that point you in the direction of this one lane road.

I am not super in shape so did have to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. The paved road is quite steep in some spots and I was glad we had the correct trail on the way back as the climb was not as extreme as the paved road would have been.

There are a few steep parts on the trail and when you get to the rock, it can be a wee bit precarious. Keep your kiddos close as there is a very steep drop at the rocks.

Very beautiful hike. Easy to do. Took my 9 month old pup and he loved it too.

Great easy hike. My 8 pound shitzu, who is a total lap dog, even did it. The scenery is beautiful. There are a couple of tiny waterfalls flowing into the creek. The heart is really neat to see! Everyone should see it. I would like to go back in the spring, when the snow is melting, and see if the heart is filled with water.

Nice little hike for a beginner like me especially since it's pretty much entirely shaded. My kids loved it.

I brought my two daughters, ages 4 and 6, and we had a great time. The girls loved seeing the rock and have been telling everyone about it.

No water right now but still a sight to see. Follow directions on here from other reviewers (you first look down on the rock from above, then you can walk down and explore the area beside it). Lots of mosquitos so be prepared with bug spray.

no ay agua. Ay muchos mosquito y no puedes caminar ajustó

Short trail, heart shaped rock is difficult to see, lots of trash everywhere.

This is a nice hike with a prize at the end. The falls was dry and heart rock pool empty but still worth the stroll! Bugs were thick so spray down!

Level: Easy

Beautiful Scenery, Nice Hike listening to the Birds chripping and Water flowing in the Creek. Bring your bug protection, many mosquitos.

We took our Cub Scouts on a day hike. There was some rough terrain. We were sad that there was no waterfall and really no place to play in the water. A lot of it is just dry, probably because we went in late Summer. We parked right next to the trail head. It was about a mile in and out.

Enjoyed my first hiking trail ever and it was everything and more. got some really great photos.

Great out and back. Have done this trail 100 times, it never gets old. Fun for introducing visitors to our forest! Take a swim suit - just down stream from the Heart Rock is a beautiful waterfall and swimming pond. Enjoy!