Heart Rock Trail

Heart Rock Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park in Camp Seeley in a small dirt parking lot. This trail is short and along a creek with some small water falls and 10 - 15 foot water fall near Heart Rock. Some of the small water falls could be used as natural water slides.

Easy hike for the entire family & dog friendly. Heavily trafficked but a nice view that leads to the heart shape rock would come back here again earlier in the day.

This is a nice moderate trail through some pleasant looking woods and the heart rock at the end IS pretty neat. However, what starts as a straightforward walk gets a little confusing near your goal. If we didn’t run into some other hikers telling us where the heart rock was I’m not sure we would have found it.

I don’t recommend taking toddlers to this one unless you’re in better shape than I am. The trail gets really rocky and narrow in many places so my wife and I were constantly passing kids back and forth between us. I was wiped! If you’re fortunate you will read this and think, “Yeesh, what a putz!” In that case this trail is for you.

Have fun!

What a beautiful place to hike and play. Finding the cut off was a bit tricky but after backtracking a bit we found it. From there it's a quick little bit down a dirt trail to heart rock. It's so peaceful there. I would recommend this place for a first date.

***+++Please don’t throw rocks and don’t let your kids throw rocks at the trail or at the heart rock area..people are hiking below!!**

The rock formation is cool to see...I did have one incident when my kid and I were at the bottom of heart rock near the waterfall and some idiot up top decided to throw rocks below..he could have killed us or seriously injured us...I hiked up out of there quickly and gave him a piece of my mind...so be mindful about ignorant folks who have no hiking or trail etiquette.

Super easy hike to and back to falls about 2 miles round trip. My kid loves this hike and only reason why I go often. Super awesome when the waterfall is flowing. Disappointing that every time I go I see more trash left behind and more graffiti on the rocks.  very sad.

it was fun...beautiful

Great hike. Family/kid friendly.

Perfect for large families with small children. Everyone can do it. Saw lots of families while there. I loved it...

the trail is unmarked it is to the right of the paved Road. it is nice easy Trail

Great for kids and great for a summer swim.

Great hike to enjoy with the family. Simple and amazing scenery.

We really enjoyed the hike great to be outdoors. A great trail for dogs would like to revisit when there's water coming down the stream.

Fun hike with the kids!!

This was a great trail, though we missed the trail in the trees and went on the paved road. There is a sign to get you on the right track from the paved road. Hearts are also painted on tree stumps to guide you. We came back on the trail through the trees.

One option for the beginning of the trail is at the wee parking lot where the gate goes across the one lane paved road. It is not a long walk to this trail head but if you don’t want to walk as far, go down the wee road (across the part where the creek crosses the road) by the entrance to the campground and there is a place to park at the trailhead. You will see two signs that point you in the direction of this one lane road.

I am not super in shape so did have to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. The paved road is quite steep in some spots and I was glad we had the correct trail on the way back as the climb was not as extreme as the paved road would have been.

There are a few steep parts on the trail and when you get to the rock, it can be a wee bit precarious. Keep your kiddos close as there is a very steep drop at the rocks.

Very beautiful hike. Easy to do. Took my 9 month old pup and he loved it too.

Great easy hike. My 8 pound shitzu, who is a total lap dog, even did it. The scenery is beautiful. There are a couple of tiny waterfalls flowing into the creek. The heart is really neat to see! Everyone should see it. I would like to go back in the spring, when the snow is melting, and see if the heart is filled with water.

Nice little hike for a beginner like me especially since it's pretty much entirely shaded. My kids loved it.

I brought my two daughters, ages 4 and 6, and we had a great time. The girls loved seeing the rock and have been telling everyone about it.

No water right now but still a sight to see. Follow directions on here from other reviewers (you first look down on the rock from above, then you can walk down and explore the area beside it). Lots of mosquitos so be prepared with bug spray.

no ay agua. Ay muchos mosquito y no puedes caminar ajustó