Heart Rock Trail

Heart Rock Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park in Camp Seeley in a small dirt parking lot. This trail is short and along a creek with some small water falls and 10 - 15 foot water fall near Heart Rock. Some of the small water falls could be used as natural water slides.

A very fun, family and dog friendly trail. a hidden jewel in SoCal.

Great hike for families and beginners. Lots of friendly traffic today. It’s very easy to find the heart rock. Plenty of photo opportunities. I will definitely return here for another hike.

I love this place. It’s a family friendly hike. It moderately trafficked, and once you reach the bottom it’s beautiful!

Great short hike... plenty to see and lots of great photo ops. My girl and I did the hike together and she is six months pregnant so easily accessible to a wide variety of hiking levels. Part of the fun is discovering the rock! Enjoy!

I had this trail to myself and absolutely loved it! The heart rock was fun to find, but I also really liked the actual trail and how it wound through the trees along the creek. I parked in the dirt area along the main road before the turn off to the trail ... not sure if that was correct, but I didn’t get ticketed or anything.

beautiful trail!!!

It was good. Trail was good. Some trash in places. I left my trash bag on the counter at home. Lots of people. The drive up here was just as good as the hike.

You can’t park at Camp Seeley exactly, but if you keep driving past it where the heart rock trail sign points, you can park on the dirt turnouts along the road. I don’t believe any parking pass was needed. The trail itself was beautiful, I loved the way the trees smelled and it wasn’t crowded at all considering I went later in the day. It’s a very easy trail with a really beautiful treasure at the end.

One of my favorite hikes to take the kiddies on!

I live very near this trail and run the Heart Rock Cleanup page on FB. When we first moved here the trail was heavily marred with graffiti and heavily trashed. We now organize a community cleanup at least once a year to keep everything under control. It is an ongoing struggle but well worth it. If you see graffiti on the trail, please take a picture and let us know on FB. It will be removed as soon as the opportunity arises. Please do your part to help by packing out what you pack in and picking up others trash along the way.
The trail itself is easily traversed with beautiful scenery! Enjoy!

Nice. easy for kids.

Perfect hike

Easy hike and kinda romantic as not many people come by.

I like this small, but beautiful easy hike.

Beautiful easy hike great for the little ones just keep a close eye on them.

Beautiful view

This is a pretty little hike, on a warm spring day the heart is full of water and the foliage green. Fun for the family.

Great hike it was just the right length with the kids. Kids had a blast in the snow on the way.

People were friendly, I saw others on the trail picking other people’s trash and a few other groups pitched in a packed out some garbage and beer cans as well. Overall a great experience for my 6and 9 year olds. We will be returning with trash bags though because people like to litter.

Enjoyable little hike. Was very short and sweet! It’s a high trafficked trail (which is obvious due to how popular this trail is). Climbed down to the heart and got to stand in the hole above the heart (beware though it is somewhat tricky to get in and out of there). All in all was definitely fun!

Great Trail to hike with kids. we enjoyed it so much. Rock climb to the ❤

It was a simple hike for me and my dog. definitely doing again, I recommend this hike for beginner hiker or someone who wants to get away for a while. it's peaceful and quiet. 2 thumbs up...

Grew up in crestline so this has always been a popular spot for me. Never gets old.

Scenery was very nice and hiking down to the heart rock was sweet. My son loved it. So it was cool for him to be able to keep up.

This is a beautiful trail. Perfect workout for all skill levels. I was able to carry my child in a backpack the whole way, flat terrain was stable enough. Towards the end if you decide to go to the bottom of heart rock just know the mountain gets incredibly steep, my sister fell 2xs because the dirt is also very soft. Going up we opted a different route, up the rocks and that was much easier. Absolutely beautiful and would be a great place to take a dip if the weather was warmer.

I always love this trail. It’s pretty mild and definitely kid friendly. I would recommend going early in the day if you don’t like crowds. No matter what time if year, it’s pretty heavily trafficked on the weekends.

Nice quick trail very easy to follow right alongside the creek towards the end.

It was a nice hike but if you want it to be nicer, don’t go in the middle of the day during the weekend haha. There’s a lot of people and everyone tries to climb into the heart. It’s kinda funny to watch because everyone struggles and no one can do it right but at the same time it’s a little scary because some people are super sketchy. There was also a lot of trash too so my husband and I picked up as much as we could.
Easy hike. Some incline on the way back if you take the dirt trail. We went in early January, no snow and the creek was lightly flowing but I’m sure it would be flowing a lot more in spring. Lots of trees and fresh air. Overall nice hike and would recommend to do.

Easy hike for the entire family & dog friendly. Heavily trafficked but a nice view that leads to the heart shape rock would come back here again earlier in the day.