Hazard Peak Trail

Hazard Peak Trail is a 11.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Osos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until December.

Montana De Oro State Park Campground is located near Los Osos, California. There are many trails that are primarily used for hiking, horse back riding and mountain biking

Great trail! We hiked the 3.0 miles to the peak and back (6 miles total). Never too step of an incline. Nice and gradual the whole way. This is a very popular bike trail, please be aware of that before choosing to hike. We are a hiking & biking family so it’s nice to see trails built for bikers (pavers on several corners on the trail) There are so few that trails that bikes are permitted on, so it’s always nice to see one that is so well liked by bikers. Every biker we encountered used a bike Bell so you could hear them coming and were all so courteous and insisted that we take the right of way. Great views of the coast, Valencia Peak, & Morro Bay from the top. We packed a picnic. There’s a picnic table and benches at the peak. Trailhead even has its own well marked parking lot. Highly recommend!

Great views. Beautiful weather. Watch out for rattle snakes! We came across one!!

perfect views.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Monday, October 19, 2015

The most breath taking hike I've done.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

This path is beautiful, however I wasn't prepared for this trail. Starting off on a low grade then inclines quickly. Several times I had to dismount my bike and hike it up. I was able to get to one of the summits then made my way back. The descend was quick, which was nice. Tip: make sure your brakes are in proper order and make some noise when going around corners and as always sunblock is a must! Overall I'll be doing this path again.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Amazing hike with a beautiful view

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Went for a run here in my early 20's. It was one of the most exhilarating outdoor activities I have ever had. The weather was perfect and the views limitless.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Easy and beautiful. Bring your camera; you'll be stopping frequently for photos!!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

the whole scenery is so nice around Montana see oro super cool trails all around and nothing to advanced but still a good hiking spot!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

I love, love, love Montana de Oro!!!

Monday, November 18, 2013

We went in the morning, it was fogged in, but still beautiful. We biked to the ocean bluffs and then, went down to the beach tide pools. Fortunately, it was low tide and we saw tons of action within the tide pools.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Love this place, it's simply stunning, awesome views... cant wait to go back

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Once u reach the top sing your name and experience of this trail it's fun and the view is just to damn good.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Very fun!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Beautiful hike along the ocean! Easy walk/jog lots of nature.

Monday, February 11, 2013

One of my favorites! you can trek, walk, bike and stroll at your leisure. be aware of cyclists of ALL ages.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Nice place to ride... It's definitely one of my favorites. Hazards peak trail is a nice out and back, or you could make a loop and take one of the other trails back down the mountain.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Gorgeous. Only complaint: when a biker wants to pass you, there's really nowhere to go but into a patch of poison oak.

Friday, April 06, 2012

This is an easy, fun trail with plenty to see. It's been a while since I hiked it with my wife, but we had fun. Met hikers, bikers, and horse riders.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Very fun area to go.
There's many trails to choose from in the area.

Very cool at night, however beware you can't park around there after 10pm (except in the campground if you're staying there)

Weekends (especially during the summer) are very busy and crowded.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Very nice trails but definitely NOT dog friendly. Not allowed anywhere but the beach even on a leash.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nice small clean campground.. ( Horse camps are way better). but other than that easy walk to the beach and other coastal trail.they also have first come first serve sites so if you dont have a reservation.. you might get lucky and get a FCFS site

Monday, January 17, 2011

This is the ultimate family trail. Of all the places to go on the Central Coast Montana de Oro is a must!

recorded Not a loop