Hawley Grade Trail

Hawley Grade Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near South Lake Tahoe, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike down to falls.
hike back up was enough grade to get your heart going.
but overall a easy hike.
Falls were awesome!

Magestic forest trail along mountain side. Bring your hoodies cause the skeeters are vast and hangry. Waterfall was cool but I could not traverse it due to a sprained wrist. I was by myself and just too risky but got about halfway. Nevertheless was able to get my feet wet jn the ice cold water. Tantalizing!

So when you first enter park to the right behind the sign the trail is across on your left

Nice trail. Lots of wild berries. Waterfall is dry. I would rate it easy.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Hiked in June and saw great water falls unbelievable view at the top of the falls.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Thursday, July 17, 2014

My friends and I had a great time on this hike! We wanted a moderately challenging hike and this one delivered. Unfortunately the waterfall on the actual hike dried up, but if you go left at the trailhead there is a short walk to another fall that we did on the way back.

Great views along the way.
PS follow the directions that the previous reviewer gave! The trailhead is not where the app says.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I thought this was a great trail in the valley. Beautiful drive out, not very far from the town but quickly out in the wilderness. The climb up out of the valley is significant, but over a long enough distance that it is never strenuous. The 6 and 8 year old girls we had with us handled it just fine! And the highlight is definitely the waterfall. About a mile in the path actually crosses the waterfall and you have to take your shoes off (at least at this time of year) to cross. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the sun, the views and the waterfall!

Oh, and since the trailhead is not quite where this site lists it, below are the directions I used:

Turn off 50 to go 3.25 miles south on S Upper Truckee to where it curves left to bridge the Upper Truckee river (if you cross the bridge, you have gone too far). Immediately before the bridge, turn right on road 1110 and take short spur past Bridge Tract homes almost to its end. Find parking space for 2-3 vehicles about 50 yards before the end. Trailhead is just ahead.