Hassler Loop Trail is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near San Carlos, California that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Loop

Due to COVID-19 trails in this preserve are closed on weekends and are temporarily closed to bikes and horses. Specific info regarding further restrictions can be found here: https://www.openspace.org/content/novel-coronavirus-updates

Super easy, nice hike

There are a few things that others might find helpful that I did not read in other reviews, so here goes. I am admittedly not in the best shape, but this trail was harder than I thought it would be. It ended up being about 2.1 miles total when starting from the parking area. The first half of the hike is all uphill, and more like a 500 foot elevation gain according to my Strava app. There is one bench along the way if you need to rest or stretch (I did), but the views at the top of the loop made it all worth it. I cannot wait to try this again in a couple of months when I am in better shape.

Looped off the loop with the folks. Nice Oak woods and vistas on mellow trail/pavement.

Good trail for dogs with decent off-leash area in the middle. Equal parts sun and shade with enough trail diversity to keep things interesting. Easy climb.

Pleasantly surprised with this trail! Given its location -between a major highway and a residential area- I didn’t have high hopes. It was a lovely hike. Not too difficult, a good length and varied scenery/terrain.

Thu Apr 18 2019

Nice trail, though we did only go on half the loop and through the middle of the loop. In the middle is a Loop where your dogs can go off leash. It’s very nice, but there are a lot of bugs and spiderwebs floating around. I still loved it, because I’m the middle it’s very green and there are a lot of trees that provide shade. I would definitely go there again, because it’s very nice for dogs.

Mon Oct 15 2018

Mon Apr 24 2017

Nice local hike to let the dog loose and get some fresh air.

recorded Hassler Loop Trail