Harvey Bear and Willow Springs Trail

Harvey Bear Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Martin, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 705 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful, easy sloping trails. Horse back riders, bikers and hikers, all use these trails. Wild pigs, coyotes and mountain lions. Thousands of trails to explore.

Very sunny, little to no shade. Spotted a huge coyote, pretty cool but they won't bother you at all.

a bit of mud we had to manuever but good trail over all

Our family loves this trail. With a paved loop, it’s perfect to bring bikes or scooters while my husband and I walk/run. The cattle trail is challenging enough to feel like you get a good workout!

After a storm, we wanted to go out and get some fresh air in the sun. It was beautiful but expectedly muddy. Glad we had good hiking shoes. We share the trail with grazing cattle so lots of dripping. We will be a repeater.

We did Ed Wilson trail here. One of my favorite hikes to date. Only sucky part was the mud dried and was uneven. Could definitely twist an ankle! Deer, cows, and pigs! And great views!

Very easy trail

Beautiful trail. Very peaceful here. There’s a lot of wildlife you can see on this trail! We saw some wild pigs, lots of deer, wild turkeys and cows. Really stunning walk, I will definitely be coming back soon.

Sat Sep 01 2018

Almost go run over by a pissed off bull. Not tempted to try this one again.

Mon Aug 27 2018

Great hike for beginners, beautiful views too !

Mon Jun 11 2018

When we first started exercising after having my son we started with the asphalt trail that is available at Harvey bear, now we hike the 4.5 mile trail with our 6 year old son and our dogs.

Tue Apr 24 2018

Nice flat asphalt trail with plenty of wildflowers and birds. Doggie bags supplied and benches occasionally. Very quiet and nice scenery.

Sat Apr 21 2018

We went at the end of the first week of April. It was gorgeous. Hills bright green and wild flowers growing. Made it to the Vista to see the lake. Just over 3 miles round trip. Loved the free roaming cows.

Sun Feb 11 2018

Beautiful in spring with the green grass and yellow flowers

Sat Jan 13 2018

A fun run, just watch out for cow pies.

Thu Nov 23 2017

This trail was beautiful! We hiked a total of 5 miles and got a great workout! The kids (8, 5, and 3) did great and the little one only needed to be carried about halfway. While the trail is technically an easy trail, the elevation pushes it to a moderate. Take your camera to get some great shots of the valley, and don’t forget your water! Pro Tip: go left! The trail is easier and more gradual to the right so it won’t be as jarring on your legs on the way down.

Mon Oct 16 2017

Monica

Sun Sep 10 2017

Easy hike with many different trail options. We went up the hill which was a bit strenuous for all of about 10 minutes (It was Hot). We looped around in about 1 hour, but there were still other trails to explore. Will definitely go back.

Fri Aug 25 2017

The scenery was beautiful! However being from the very flat Midwest this hike was definitely more of a moderate for me. Also there was very little shade which made it very hot. Definitely bring water. It was a bit tough on the dogs too. Loved the smell of garlic while we were hiking! I would definitely do it again, but preferably in cooler weather.

Sun Aug 20 2017

We started around 11 am and it was HOT. Was a fun hike but hard for the kids (8 & 10) who are not used to linger hikes with hills. Took us a while because we stopped a lot, but we did it and they were so proud of themselves after!

Sun Jun 11 2017

Great hike, a lot of good trails, a bit of cow

Sat May 13 2017

I loved the uphill climb... gave me a good leg workout!! Overall the trail was easy to follow.

Sat Apr 08 2017

Very nice trail! We'll come back and trek it again.

Mon Mar 27 2017

Super friendly people, beautiful trail

Sun Mar 19 2017

Scenic and perfect for the family or first time hiker. Come early to finish. We only completed a mile up and back. Met someone coming down who had a run in with a rattle snake. He tossed it to the side away from the trail. He said it was early for one to be seen - round 2:30 pm. Close contact with cows on the trail. Most picked up their small dogs when passing by the cows. Recommended.

Tue Mar 07 2017

Super fun hike with beautiful views. Cows on your path. careful some deep mud right now

Sat Nov 12 2016

Was super fun on the back side

Fri Sep 30 2016

I love it

Mon Sep 12 2016

amazing, from the beginning with the five turkey vultures circling over my dog and me, to the the nice serene up hill hike and the Prairie dogs every where, the magnificent view back into the Morgan Hill Valley, to the hawk that swoped down and on to a tree limb only about ten feet away and as he perched he seemed to say hello anyways the four miles hike was amazing

Sun Jul 17 2016

super boring and gross nothing but hay and poop. good workout but that's it