Hart Park Trail

Hart Park Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bakersfield, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

This is an informal trail along the Kern River in a community park. Trail passes along the Kern River through scrub habitat and borders Hart Park which is a park with picnic tables, barbecue grills, ponds, seasonal boat rentals.

We did the 2 mi loop and I would not call it easy! We went on a cool fall day and it was pleasant. Not one for a hot sunny day, as there is no shade. Nice views, watch your footing!

Haven't concurred the whole thing yet but I've been dreaming about it for months. It's just too hot out there. It was absolutely gorgeous when I went last in March, I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit before I do it again.

Excellent location for a hike, jog, hill climbing with spectacular vistas of Hart Park, Kern River / Canyon, Sierra Nevadas: Bear Mountain, Tehachapis, Greenhorn Mountains. A true outdoor activities gem.

Very good place but the drought has dried up almost all the fields.

Nice hike with beautiful views. the park portion is a bit too busy for my liking but then again it IS a park. I would do this easy walk again with my dogs

Easy walk. Can get a little crowded.

first time loved it.