Hart Park Trail

Hart Park Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bakersfield, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is an informal trail along the Kern River in a community park. Trail passes along the Kern River through scrub habitat and borders Hart Park which is a park with picnic tables, barbecue grills, ponds, seasonal boat rentals.

It was warm sunny Sunday, my companion and I were prepared for a jaunty stroll through the green hills of Bakersfield. We found the parking with out any problems. We surveyed the area, it looked promising a easy Sunday stroll..... readers be ware halfway through the “stroll” I feared for our lives! The hills snuck up on us, we clamored and struggled up those monstrous hills. With hearts pounding we surveyed the vast open space disorientated us. In the wide open dry land we feared we may never see our loved ones again! As we cleared the last leg of the trail we gave up on all hope of ever surviving this grueling trail. 1hr later we were passed by a family of four (mother, farther and two elementary school children) at last civilization! We were free..... my companion and I often speak fondly of our hikes, but we never speak of the Heart Park small loop..

Great Hike, I was the only one on the trail, all in all I enjoy myself, doing the big loop 2morrow 6 miles

Not as easy as suggested; some pretty steep parts. Perfect for a good, quick workout!

great hiking

We did the 2 mi loop and I would not call it easy! We went on a cool fall day and it was pleasant. Not one for a hot sunny day, as there is no shade. Nice views, watch your footing!

Haven't concurred the whole thing yet but I've been dreaming about it for months. It's just too hot out there. It was absolutely gorgeous when I went last in March, I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit before I do it again.

Excellent location for a hike, jog, hill climbing with spectacular vistas of Hart Park, Kern River / Canyon, Sierra Nevadas: Bear Mountain, Tehachapis, Greenhorn Mountains. A true outdoor activities gem.

Very good place but the drought has dried up almost all the fields.

Nice hike with beautiful views. the park portion is a bit too busy for my liking but then again it IS a park. I would do this easy walk again with my dogs

Easy walk. Can get a little crowded. Nice views of the Kern River, and mountains. Got to see peacocks.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

first time loved it.

Monday, February 27, 2017

My 4 year old and I spent 2 1/2 hours on this trail! We would definitely do it again. There are beautiful wild flowers growing now, including California Poppies! Get out there while it's green!

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

An alright Trail. Cool place to watch the sunset.

Monday, January 30, 2017

It was nice to go there during January because it's not too hot. It was a very easy hike. Beautiful green grass and blue skies.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Huge trail systems around, almost enough to get lost in if there weren't so many people to follow out of there. Half of the trails are washed out from storms this year, making for unsteady footing and altered trail routes from eroded areas. Still a nice area to spend some time in, especially for conditioning for other hikes.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Infinite amount of trails. Follow it how you want to and it is not difficult getting around. A few small stones and tumble weeds, but mostly clean trails. Just be cautious when dirt bikes and atv's are present.

Monday, January 02, 2017

This was a fun place to check out. Lots of good hiking. There are no signs or right or wrong way to go. You just get to explore. At some spots the incline was intense. The views are well worth the leg burning. After I hiked I ran into 2 disc golf courses. One flat ground and the other at the base and along side the hills. They were both fun but I lost a disc at hole 7 of the hill course. There are no maps of the course so you just have to fallow all the beat up signs. Will defiantly go back to explore some more.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Lived there and did this as a kid.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Went up for the 1st time at the end of November and enjoyed it. Nice, easy hike with a few steep inclines

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Spring time and winter time it is actually very beautiful, summer time is NOT a time to go. However, it's still a good hike!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Great trail.

Monday, September 05, 2016

It's not pretty but the trail is cool

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

This is a "trail" you would definitely want to do during the spring or winter IMO. Everything is green, the skies are crisp blue early in the morning and all the mountains in the distance are capped with snow. Would not recommend during summer, unless you just enjoy getting burnt and dusty as there are no trees for shade (that I have ever found), but it is nice exercise away from the city I will admit.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Great trail close to the city.. Did not complete the loop since it was hot but will start earlier next time.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Great family hike and the kids did some digging for shark teeth we did find some. Beautiful views of the foothills, The Kern River and Lake Ming.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Great beginners trail. I would come out here at least once a week until it got easy getting to the top. Great view of the kern river and mountains. You can see the AYSO soccer park too

Thursday, February 25, 2016

This park needs a bathroom and more trash cans because people in Bako are inconsiderate about throwing theirs away.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Easy peasy

Monday, February 15, 2016

Easy hike, nice view, especially now that everything is green because of the rain from last months

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Beautiful views over looking the hills and lake. Easy enough but still a good workout!