Hart Park Big Loop

Hart Park Big Loop is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oil City, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

You can create your own trail in these hills for just about every taste, but this is a good all around moderate choice for a 2 1/2 to 3 hour loop. If you're in good shape, considerate it a moderate hike. If you're out of shape, things will get a little hairy when you're climbing up the Goodmanville portion along Alfred Harrell Hwy, but the view of the road from the cliffs is worth the huffing and puffing.

I would definitely with do this again but when it cold.

Excellent hike or hill climbing workout with amazing scenic vistas from any vantage point. A Kern County outdoor activities gem.

So, I decided to try this trail out for the first time. It is a moderately tough trail due to the uneven paths. I'm guessing all the rain we received this year had something to do with it, of course. If this is your first time tackling this trail, I suggest doing the main trail a few times before taking on this one. This is not a walk in the park. I did encounter some wildlife. With that said, watch where you step as you may step on a rattlesnake as I almost did. Bring plenty of water because it does get quite dry. I made the mistake of not doing the easy trail first and because of that I kinda went off the trail. Most of the smaller trails are for bicycling/dirt bike/horse backing. I advise to stick to the walked trails.

good hike with steep hills in some areas. it can be a bit slippery so make sure u have proper footwear. I would do this again just take a different route

Hiking the Hart Park bluffs is a bit like playing chess. After a few opening moves, the possibilities are virtually infinite (relative to what can be done in a human lifetime). Start your hike and then take your pick; long short, steep, gradual, mixed, safe, or dangerous. Hikers, bikers and dirt bikers are typically cordial and courteous. Minimal trash left on the trails by pigs.

Okay hike, a lot of traffic due to the park. Some of the trails were very steep, difficult for children.

There are so many paths to choose from, it's make your own trail type of paths! I got a bit lost using the trail given, but then I just made my own impromptu one! don't panic just go with the flow! The bikers are pretty friendly too so don't be intimidated, just stay vigilant and aware!