Harkins Ridge trail to Craig Britton Trail to Purisima Creek Trail

Harkins Ridge trail to Craig Britton Trail to Purisima Creek Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Half Moon Bay, California that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Park at the staging area off of Purisima Creek Rd.

We went here yesterday, a Sunday in August, and didn't get onto the trail until around 1pm. We started on the Purisima Creek Trail, which was entirely shaded (which we prefer on a hot day!). There weren't too many other hikers, and we didn't see any horses, although we saw plenty of evidence of them on the trail. Craig Britton is a single file path, and still mostly shaded. There are some beautiful views of the coast and you can see above the fog. Once we got to Harkins trail, we were mostly in the sun and it got pretty hot. It gets more crowded towards the parking lots, and although there were some tourists towards the end of the trail, we didn't see many other hikers during the three hours we hiked. As far as wildlife, we saw some quail, a banana slug, and some other small birds. Can't wait to do it again!

Arrived 7:30a on Saturday and snagged the last space in the lot, which can’t hold more than 8-10 cars. Hiked this lovely loop counter clockwise, so I was going downhill on the very steep Haskins Ridge trail. My knees don’t thank me. Did the loop in a bit over 3 hours with lots of photo stops. Lots of second growth Redwoods, ferns, and burbling creeks at the lower elevations. Sunny with views at higher elevations. Didn’t encounter very many people until the last third of the hike. Nothing spectacular, but this was an exceedingly pleasant hike.

We did a 16 mile hike and ended up on this. Some spots were very muddy. It was tough with some steep inclines. Wish there were more restrooms. Great views and you'll run into some rabbits and banana slugs.

Horribly crowded felt like a tourist attraction in the city, everyone unnecessarily rude or weird. Many people who I met on the trail where very unfriendly it felt like a walk through sf not an open space reserve in hmb

This place is epically quiet. I started at the Purisima creek trail, went left at Craig Britton trail and took another left when it met up with the Harkins Ridge Trail to make the full loop back to the parking lot. It was about 7 miles and took about 2.5 hours. I saw deer, no no mountain lions.

Glorious views and magical trek through the redwoods.

Great trail! Nice ocean view about half way in.

The trail was great but the trail map showing the route is wrong.

It's a beautiful trails with many altitudes and plant life.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Fun.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

May 2017 // You don't have to go far to feel completely removed from the city. The Purisima Creek trail snakes along a tranquil creek where you'll cross several wooden bridges. You are surrounded by towering redwood trees and giant ferns. Start from the bottom, hike up Purisima Creek trail, take the more secluded Craig Britton single track connector, then go down the Harkins Ridge trail (steep-ish) to get back to the parking lot. On a hot day, it's a nice hike because the greater part of this path is veiled by trees so you're shaded mostly :)

Friday, June 02, 2017

Great hike. My friends and I found parking very easily. Bathrooms are located at the start so plan ahead or bring flushable baby wipes lol.

We hike the trail going clockwise and it was hard in the beginning since there were numerous hills. On the last 2-3 miles of the hike it's pretty flat. Bring about half a gallon of water and you'll be fine.

The hike took us 2-3 hours since we took snack breaks and to let us catch our breath. It was very foggy that day therefore it was wet and muddy under the redwoods so I recommend hiking shoes.

Monday, May 01, 2017

My hubby and I did this hike today. We really enjoyed, but did think that it was a bit long (~2.5 hrs).

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Perfect hike!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Amazing redwood groves and really easy and relaxing hike.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Prob not 5 stars but using rating system to balance out the "1 star" rating because the dude couldn't find the trail. It's pretty easy to find if you read ratings below.

Friday, September 16, 2016

I've done everything in the park many times. This trail is best done walking up the creek first and then down on the other trails. The single track in the middle is awesome... Make sure to have shoes that grip well. There are some easy places to lose footing no matter what time of the year.... Winter wet and summers hard pan with loose dirt.

Monday, August 22, 2016

One of the most beautiful hikes I have done in a long time.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

So beautiful! Loved this hike!

Sunday, January 03, 2016

This was a great hike. I would say it's moderate to hard with some amazing views. Very steep if you go up the left side.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

i came here with friends on an early Saturday morning. You have to or else you ran out of parking, by the time we got here around 830a, parking is full so we had to park on the side street. this was not hard to find just as long as you open your eyes for other cars who are parked or else you will miss it. We started at the purisima creek trail then heading to Craig britton to harkins ridge trail. the views were amazing. When you get to the top, don't forget your sunscreen since it didn't have much shade but when you begin the hike, then there's lot of shade.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I agree.. Nowhere to be found!!

Friday, March 28, 2014

This is the lower portion of the Purisima Redwoods Open Space. It exists.

Monday, March 24, 2014

This place does not exist! Drove to the directions indicated and there wasn't any kind of trails in the vicinity!