Harding Falls Trail

Harding Falls Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Silverado, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Awesome hike! Be prepared for a ruff journey though, tons of wash outs and land slides from the past wet season. Bring lots of water if attempted during summer! Also this is a in and out hike,takes an average hiker around 5-6 hours there and back.

Great hike tough but great!! Careful with snakes !!

A difficult, strenuous, very technical and adventurous hike into a majestic canyon full of lush wildlife, refreshing pools of water, rock formations, and, if you push hard enouhh, an amazing two tier waterfall at the end of it. We hiked it in the middle of May, it was hot but the running water and the pools really cooled us off as the day got hotter and we became more and more drained. Bring 3L minimum of water, snacks and food. Be prepared for 7.5miles round trip. The final mile is all technical, off trail, bouldering and following the stream up to the water fall. took us about 8 hours total. My app didn't fully sync the distance and time due to me enabling power saving mode on my phone.

Did this on 4/11/17. This hike has a lot of rock hopping but it wasn't too bad because you could always see the bottom of the water bed, so if you slipped, you might just step down to your knees in water. What I felt uncomfortable with were the snakes. I went with a friend and we encountered 3 snakes. 2 quietly left as we approached, but 1 was a rattlesnake and it most definitely rattled to tell us to back away. I highly recommend poles to help with the spring crossings but also because you can use them to clear the path before you to check for snakes as well as create more vibrations in the ground so the snakes know you are around. We only made it to the pool and didn't go to the falls as we felt adequately spooked by all our snake encounters.

At the fork, head down by the river bed (left not right up hill). They are right, it's hard but worth it!

Great hike! Be prepared for wet shoes, no cell coverage, and tough to find trails. The trails are easier to find on the way back. I can only imagine the low ratings for the difficulties. I find it more of a challenge personally. The waterfall is nothing exciting, but the hike is tough. Just after 1/2 way there your pace becomes very slow. Just remember your best way forward may be crossing the water several times. I went through just over 2 liters of water in 55 to 70 degree weather. Stay to the left after a short hike up the Harding truck trail to switch to the falls trail. Then head right at the bottom.