Guajome Regional Park Trail

Guajome Regional Park Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oceanside, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Guajome Regional Park is located in the coastal community of Oceanside and has a little bit of everything that San Diego County offers. A developed 33 sites campground offers partial hook ups, a caravan pavilion, shade and afternoon ocean breezes. Two day use areas with new playgrounds, a basketball court and lots of green lawn are ideal for picnicking or just relaxing. Two ponds attract a wide variety of migratory birds and serve as home to a variety of fish that will test the skills of any angler. 4.5 miles of park trails meander through diverse Southern California habitats such as woodlands, chaparral, wetlands, and mixed grasslands. Wedding ceremonies can also be held in a small gazebo that overlooks the lake. 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean, the park is close to many entertaining and historical points of interest. Whether you like to camp, picnic, hike, fish, bike, nature watch or plan that special ceremony, youll find Guajome Regional Park an ideal place to visit year round.

Good go to trail for us. Not a lot of people; clean; safe; nice scenery. The trails are not all clearly market which is a problem if you don’t know the area. If you take a wrong turn, you may wind up in a residential or busy traffic area. Be aware. Get your GPS in the know. Have fun. Be safe.

I really like that they have a free outside gym area with some machinery. super chill.

Trails are not clearing marked, deadened at the highway twice
Liter everywhere including dog poop everywhere
The sound of the nearby obnoxious freeway is unescapable
The brush is took thick to view the lake, seems like a dirty sidewalk more than a hike

Easy trail. Saw wild animals on hike. Be careful. Lots to see and many trails to take. Relaxing at the lake.

i love this place, great for little kids!!

Park does not open until 9:30am -- we got here at 7am. Bummer

Flat trails. Ducks, ponds, campers.

Great walk. Parking is $3.00
Nature walks and park area, also section for overnight camping and RV with water and 30amp power. 30 slots!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Absolutely love this hike. The parks are always beautiful and the little creek is breath taking after all of this California rain we've been getting! Definitely can spend a wonderful afternoon finding beautiful hidden places all throughout the park.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

A very easy and.casual walk around the lake.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

a go to for me for a nice stroll

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Very easy calm sunday walk with the dog. :)

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Dirty. No real views of anything. I'd pass on it.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

great place to get some hiking or running done.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Easy to hike, great for pets. Not as much excitement to scenery though.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Awesome, really calm and scenic

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Very nice park with lots of amenities, dogs, and several horses. Fun time.

Friday, June 10, 2016

nice place to walk your dogs and stroll with the kids.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Nice trail, well kept with plenty of vegetation. Took our dogs and came across several others with dogs but all on leash. People were super friendly here.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Saturday, May 28, 2016

This trail is easy and lots of friendly wild life lots of birds and bunnies on or two steep little hills by the upper pond trail .... But all ages can do it. There are bikers on the trail as well as dogs on leashes ... I took my sweet time and did all the trails and took me 2 hours start to finish and I mean I took my time.. Only thing you can see back of homes and some HWY way but not bad one thing that you do need to know park on the street it is free but if you park in the park is three dollars so after 8am you can park on the street no problem

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Nice mini hike with my daughter.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Around the lake was easy for my 9 and 4 year old. The ducks are friendly and the ground squirrels are funny to watch. Very family friendly.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

The surroundings are nice and thats the reason for the 1 star. You know you're near a busy highway and still in a highly populated area and the trails are by far the worst ive ever sone because not one of them is marked! The map isnt up to date and you have to hunt down a map first.
I had to back track twice.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Is a great feeling walking around guajome park trails,i enjoy every time i walk around there.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Ok.... Did confusing but it was FINE. Nothing too special!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

love it!!

Friday, March 11, 2016

I decided to walk through the trails with my husband and our 6 month old at this location. It was easy, fun and quite scenic. The small hill we climbed gave us a good lil workout too. We loved watching the ducks. We saw some people on bicycles so it is definitely suitable for that too. There is also a playground where we heard lots of giggles from children. It was a great time!

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

I enjoyed the trails. They are easy and great for running on. The paths are quite wide, enough for a vehicle. You can hear the sounds of cars on the trails closer to the roads, so that's not totally peaceful but overall a great place to be in nature!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

I really liked this. It was easy and flat but so many different trails and things to see. Great for kids and I suppose you could push an all terrain stroller on it as well.