Guadalupe River Park Trail

Guadalupe River Park Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Jose, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

A paved trail along the Guadalupe River in downtown San Jose, California, might be just what you need to work off some stress or even ride your bike to work. The Guadalupe River Park starts near the Children's Discovery Museum at the south end of Downtown San Jose and runs northward. It's easily accessible via the Valley Transit Agency's Light Rail and has entrances along all the major cross streets downtown. You'll also have chances for bird watching and, of course, people watching along the way. The trail surface is mostly paved and entirely flat. Ambitious walkers (and, more likely, bike riders) can take the trail all the way to the southern edge of San Francisco Bay.

Decent trail for commute to work. Rose garden is a nice detour if you feel so inclined. Monopoly in the park is interesting.

Love this trail . There are some spots that look disheveled from previous floods and debris is entangled in tree limbs , there are some homeless living along it in spots , I have never felt unsafe . Its a solid asphalted trail . Lovely to walk, run , and bike !

I found this trail by noticing a body of water while navigating the GPS, and I decided to give it a try that same day. I started my trip from the Denny's on Blossom Hill Rd towards the lake. I'll admit that at first it felt too isolated and abandoned, but as I reached the park the view started to change, and it then it was beautiful. It's a really easy walk, bjt peaceful and with beautiful views.

Alum Rock was closed due to hazardous conditions so we settled for Guadalupe River Walk just to get outdoors. We walked the trails to find out a section of it was also blocked due to construction. There was a lot of litter and trash along the way. Homeless people were camped out throughout the trail. There was some wildlife - squirrels, certain plants survived winter, etc., but most of the landscaping we saw was just overgrowth. With its proximity to the airport, planes screamed above us as they landed every 10 min or so. I wouldn't come back here unless I had no other option - which is the only reason we decided to try this place anyway.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Friday, October 07, 2016

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

homeless people lined the trail I had to stop when we seen filthy underwear n broken glass