Guadalupe River Park Trail

Guadalupe River Park Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Jose, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

A paved trail along the Guadalupe River in downtown San Jose, California, might be just what you need to work off some stress or even ride your bike to work. The Guadalupe River Park starts near the Children's Discovery Museum at the south end of Downtown San Jose and runs northward. It's easily accessible via the Valley Transit Agency's Light Rail and has entrances along all the major cross streets downtown. You'll also have chances for bird watching and, of course, people watching along the way. The trail surface is mostly paved and entirely flat. Ambitious walkers (and, more likely, bike riders) can take the trail all the way to the southern edge of San Francisco Bay.

Alum Rock was closed due to hazardous conditions so we settled for Guadalupe River Walk just to get outdoors. We walked the trails to find out a section of it was also blocked due to construction. There was a lot of litter and trash along the way. Homeless people were camped out throughout the trail. There was some wildlife - squirrels, certain plants survived winter, etc., but most of the landscaping we saw was just overgrowth. With its proximity to the airport, planes screamed above us as they landed every 10 min or so. I wouldn't come back here unless I had no other option - which is the only reason we decided to try this place anyway.

homeless people lined the trail I had to stop when we seen filthy underwear n broken glass

It is one of my favorite for jogging and bilking. I think it is really good trail for training half marathon.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Nice easy hike.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday, August 16, 2015

It's a beautiful park, beautiful trees and flowers, the river is clean and it's very well maintained in general. I'm there often!!