Grover Hot Springs State Park Waterfall Trail

Grover Hot Springs State Park Waterfall Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Markleeville: Head west along Hot Spring's Road towards Grover's Hot Springs State Park. In about 3 miles look to your right for a sign which reads Charity Valley. Parking is available here, or if you wish to shorten the hiking distance enter Grover's Hot Springs State Park (there is a day use fee) and follow the entrance road until it dead ends at an overflow parking area. This trailhead also leads to the longer and steeper Burnside Lake Trail and to Charity Valley.Driving time from Carson City is under an hour.

Easy hike until you get to the beginning of the falls and then it gets pretty technical in the rocks for younger kids. With little kids (7 yo) we found Sawmill Creek Trail to be a lot easier. At the very end you can cross over and go straight up to the falls and swimming hole.

easy trail until you get about 600ft from the waterfall then you climb just about 150ft vertical to the waterfall relatively easy climb

Not so much of a waterfall. Nice trail

Fun little easy hike... best to see the waterfall in spring to early summer I would presume.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

This is a great easy hike great for all skill levels the water fall is awesome as there are great places to sit and chill out. It's mostly shaded and level. Great hike,will keep returning. There is an 8 dollar parking fee which I didn't mind because it helps preserve the place. But that will get old if I keep going back there.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Good hike for beginners. Took my kids, my little chiweenie and my old blind dog and they did good. played in the water, but was really cold to stay in for too long.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Approximately 3 mile hike which we did with young kids. Flat most of the way, and actually pretty hot. There were three or four different creeks to cross on logs, but that was fun. We didn't get all the way to the lake but we appreciated the water falls. There were a fair number of people on the path, not surprisingly given the holiday weekend. We tried to go to the Grover Hot Springs afterward but the line to get in -- while short-- wasn't moving. Also, there didn't look to be any shade by the pool & springs, and we weren't up for sitting in the full sun. Perhaps we'll try the springs another time when it isn't so populated.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Perfect trail to hike with kids. Amazing waterfalls!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I wouldn't classify this as a hike. It's really more of a short stroll but in the end, you come up on a pretty cool waterfall. The only real sketchy part was climbing over the granite rocks to get to it but I found this to be fairly easy. I even saw little kids doing it on my way back. Highly recommend.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Photo Posted. Even after all day rain yesterday--no mud today..! Great stuff...! And the fall wasn't dry as posted. I understand it's pretty much year round. One must climb OVER the granite rocks to get to the other side. Keep your ears open for the falls. The climb over the granite rocks is somewhat sketchy because going up, it seems as if the climb will never end.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

This was an enjoyable hike but the fall is dry. Photo posted.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great place for a swim if you can tolerate the frigid waters.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Loved the trail leading up to the Waterfall. The boulders can be challenging but my 11 yr old son and I worked through it together. My 15 and 6 years old went up and down them with no hesitation. Definitely worth seeing but go early, we were gone for an hour before heading back, as we headed back people from the campsite started towards the Waterfall, so go early if you want to beat the campers!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

great hike...the falls are the best in the spring time due to the runoff from thr snow melt.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Quick, easy hike with a little bit of scrambling possible at the falls. Great for bringing non-hikers. Trail disappeared close to the falls and required going up and over some rocks but very easy and well worth it.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Short easy hike. Great for familys. when you come to the rocks... there is a way through and a way to the left. Great views throughout.

Monday, March 21, 2016

There is no signs really. You come to a dead end and you have to go over these rocks then you will see the trail again.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Nice Trail and easy hike to the falls! Several nice sized waterfalls for a drought!

Friday, June 12, 2015

Besutiful trail on a short hike. Keep hiking up and you will see many waterfalls.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Awesome hike! We hiked to the falls and continued past the falls to find smaller falls further on. The water was very cold as we crossed in a calm place so that we could hike the other side back down. Saw some wildflowers coming up but no flowers yet. Had lunch at the falls and enjoyed the sunny warm weather!

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Easy, with beautiful falls...gets busier later in the day and when the campground is full.