Grover Hot Springs State Park Waterfall Trail

Grover Hot Springs State Park Waterfall Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Markleeville: Head west along Hot Spring's Road towards Grover's Hot Springs State Park. In about 3 miles look to your right for a sign which reads Charity Valley. Parking is available here, or if you wish to shorten the hiking distance enter Grover's Hot Springs State Park (there is a day use fee) and follow the entrance road until it dead ends at an overflow parking area. This trailhead also leads to the longer and steeper Burnside Lake Trail and to Charity Valley.Driving time from Carson City is under an hour.

Not so much of a waterfall. Nice trail

Fun little easy hike... best to see the waterfall in spring to early summer I would presume.

This is a great easy hike great for all skill levels the water fall is awesome as there are great places to sit and chill out. It's mostly shaded and level. Great hike,will keep returning. There is an 8 dollar parking fee which I didn't mind because it helps preserve the place. But that will get old if I keep going back there.

Good hike for beginners. Took my kids, my little chiweenie and my old blind dog and they did good. played in the water, but was really cold to stay in for too long.

Approximately 3 mile hike which we did with young kids. Flat most of the way, and actually pretty hot. There were three or four different creeks to cross on logs, but that was fun. We didn't get all the way to the lake but we appreciated the water falls. There were a fair number of people on the path, not surprisingly given the holiday weekend. We tried to go to the Grover Hot Springs afterward but the line to get in -- while short-- wasn't moving. Also, there didn't look to be any shade by the pool & springs, and we weren't up for sitting in the full sun. Perhaps we'll try the springs another time when it isn't so populated.

Perfect trail to hike with kids. Amazing waterfalls!

I wouldn't classify this as a hike. It's really more of a short stroll but in the end, you come up on a pretty cool waterfall. The only real sketchy part was climbing over the granite rocks to get to it but I found this to be fairly easy. I even saw little kids doing it on my way back. Highly recommend.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Photo Posted. Even after all day rain yesterday--no mud today..! Great stuff...! And the fall wasn't dry as posted. I understand it's pretty much year round. One must climb OVER the granite rocks to get to the other side. Keep your ears open for the falls. The climb over the granite rocks is somewhat sketchy because going up, it seems as if the climb will never end.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

This was an enjoyable hike but the fall is dry. Photo posted.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great place for a swim if you can tolerate the frigid waters.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Loved the trail leading up to the Waterfall. The boulders can be challenging but my 11 yr old son and I worked through it together. My 15 and 6 years old went up and down them with no hesitation. Definitely worth seeing but go early, we were gone for an hour before heading back, as we headed back people from the campsite started towards the Waterfall, so go early if you want to beat the campers!