Green Valley Trail

Green Valley Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Fairfield, California that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

A walking path through a greenway nestled between suburban homes Follow the path North-East towards the Main Park

I love walking at this park.

We had a hard time finding the trail as described here. We had to ask a ranger for help and she didn't know where this map was for as the only "green valley" at the park is a small section of trail. she gave us a new route and we ended up on rock garden trail with a short trip up tower trail and then back on chemise loop and lower quarry trail. It was not an "easy" hike but it was fun.

trails are not as well marked as exoected. plus green Valley trail is not named the same as on the trailheads but followed the map tool on the app and found our way. nice well maintained trail fir both my 13 year old daughter and dog. took a little under 2 hours to complete but that included time for exploring cave and taking in the views. nice hidden gem and offered views that were not expected. I plan to come back and try one of the other longer more difficult trails.

easy trails but heavy traffic. nice walk up to a small lake.

We went as a family to this trail. It was a lot of fun. the kids enjoyed the baby frogs around the pond. it is a huge park, so be careful not to get lost. if it wasn't for this app it would have been hard to find our way out!

The trail head is right after the residential neighborhood. You won't see it if your not looking for it. Luckily the trail is moderately used & there were cars parked on the outside of the trail start & it helped to look where people are heading. It starts with a slight clime up. Be prepared to go slow w/all the traffic the trail gets. You can stay on this short trail or you can go exploring as their are other trails in the same park you can go out that mingle in with this specific trail. No opportunity to let the dog off leash to explore. Too many people. Otherwise, great park and some great views at the top. This can be a loop trail.

Lots of hidden surprises as you go! Friendly people, clean park, and sheep were extra added bonus! Easy trails all around!!

Favorite spot and must see is view above the lake!!

Surprisingly lovely! Starts out where you can see the valley and the highway but you're quickly in a secluded area with lots of well maintained trails. Elevation gain is minimal - 500 ft ish.

Great hike to get you back in the groove.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

We had a pleasant 7-mile (3.5 hour) hike in Green Valley Trail today. We started at the intersection of Vintage Valley Drive and Dynasty Drive in Fairfield (Green Valley). We hiked along the pedestrian walkway past Green Valley Creek up to the park's southern entrance. We turned left onto the Black Oak Trail, left on Middle Mystic Trail, left on Twisted Tree Loop Trail, continued Junction trail to Root Trail, and left on Cliff View Trail. We continued onto Outer Loop Trail, right on Rock Garden Trail, we looped around the lake and took the Bay Area Ridge Trail to the Green Valley Trail for the return back.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

You have to pay per person and extra for your dog and can't even just check out the area. If it was $3 for parking that would be fine but pay per person and have to keep your pass on you in case someone stops you and asks for it.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Loved the view, the shaded trees, and the trail itself was pretty challenging.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

This was a great weekend hike! There are plenty of trail options so you can go farther or make your hike short. The scenery was beautiful! In the beginning it did seem pretty crowded, however there are many splits in the trail so once we got farther into the hike we barely saw anyone. It is definitely dog friendly, dogs $1, and $3 per person and you keep the ticket with you on your hike. We will definitely be doing this one again!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

$3 per person, $1 per dog. Dogs MUST remain on leash or you can be ticketed $100 each. NO drinking water available. One set of bathrooms up at the lower pond. I went to to both ponds. Lower pond was totally dry, but we found tons of little tiny frogs, toads, and salamanders. Upper lake is beautiful. You can fish in it. Many bullfrogs, make trying to catch so fun. Shade along the paths. But bring plenty of water. I took a 2 & 5 year olds. Up to the upper lake, they managed fine. The climb is not too steep. Pack it in, pack it out. No garbages. 6 month family passes are available. This is a beautiful place to come hike around, explore, and enjoy all kinds if wildlife.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

My first hike ever! It was a really good workout and a really nice view. Got really up close with some cows with my friends. Went through the main trail. I was looking forward to see the waterfall but I guess we took the wrong trail. We saw and climbed up the cave though but it was steep and slippery for first time hikers. Overall the park was really nice.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The park was gorgeous! Beautiful oak and manzanita trees, the little hike/climb to the cave kicked ass and it felt like we were the only ones there. How awesome is this place?

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Beautiful views & Excellent trails! Next time I will be sure to wear better shoes. My warn out running shoes made it difficult to get up to the cave but I had fun trying.

Monday, August 29, 2011

I really enjoyed this trail after we reached the lake. It could have just been the time of year but prior to the like everything was just kinda dead and brown. We did the cave trail and up to the rock garden and ended up exploring the trails for about 3 hours. it was fun.. we estemate we did about 4-5 miles of this trail

Thursday, July 14, 2011

In the 90's the day I hiked to the cave at Rockville Regional Park. The grasses were dry and the breeze was warm. The shade of the oak trees was very welcome. I especially loved the Manzanita all throughout the trails. The bark is beautiful, I took lots of pictures. A couple trail markers were confusing and when I discovered I was headed in the wrong direction for the Lake, I just continued on until I found the cave. It's a steep climb up but worth the views at the top. I came across a few mountain-bikers and a couple other hikers, but for the most part, I felt I had the park to myself.

Saturday, July 09, 2011

I've been here twice now and both times I had a very nice hike. The trails are well taken care of and the vistas are very nice. I came to find a few geocaches and this park has quite a few.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I was working in Fairfield and had an afternoon free. I spent a few hours in the park, walking on the several different trails. What a treat.