Grays Peak Trail

Grays Peak Trail is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fawnskin, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Fawnskin, CA: Travel west on Highway 38 for 0.6-mile to reach the Gray's Peak Trailhead, which is located on the west side of Highway 38, across from the Grout Bay Picnic Ground.

This leg is a great addition to Hanna Flats trail out and back.

Good hike with some good views at the top.

I enjoyed this hike because of the scenery. It was relaxing and a great workout at the same time.

One of the best trails I have done in California.

The trail around and at the top isn't very great for a view and is blocked by many trees. If you venture of the trail slightly when your around the top you will have breathtaking views all around you.

Amazing views! And they kept getting better towards the end of the trail. Took me bout 2 hours round trip, but mostly because I stopped often to take photos. Great experience!

Great hike! Beautiful view from the top!

Well marked trail. Pretty much a moderate climb on the way up. It's about 7 miles round trip. Felt long on the way back! Beautiful view at the peak. Travels through an old burn area. I only saw a couple people on the way up, but several groups on the way back. Several well-behaved dogs. Everyone was very nice. I was hoping to see some eagles but no luck. Lots of little animals and birds. A coyote actually crossed the road on my way there. Parking area is a little small and requires adventure pass. Nice restroom in the lot. Overall a great hike! I believe it closes for the eagle nesting in Oct. so go now.

Low traffic on a Wednesday morning in mid September. Moderate rating due to elevation gain only. Footing mainly good, with a few rocky patches and minimal rock scrambling at the peak. Nice lake and forest views. Took 1 hr 45 mins up, 1 hr 35 mins down. Would do this again.

I enjoyed the various views from the trail.

Moderate climb all the way to the top, great trail!

My husband and I went today with our 4 yr old daughter, 8 year old son, and 6 month old dog. We went out 2 miles and back 2 miles. Trail is narrow and rocky at the beginning. Tons of traffic on a Sunday afternoon. Trail gets wider and smoother after about 3/4 of a mile. Can't wait to leave the kids and dog at home and go the distance.

L