Grasslands Trail

Grasslands Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Agoura Hills, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The Grasslands Trailhead is the most popular trailhead in western Los Angeles/eastern Ventura counties. It's popular because the hiking and biking opportunities in Malibu Creek State Park are outstanding. This route leads to the MASH television show filming site. There is also a Visitors Center in the park. No dogs on the Grasslands Trail and in the "backcountry" of the park.

Nice hike. Veryeasy and great views, there's the MASH area where the TV show was filmed..

Easy trail. It was good my boyfriend has injury so we are trying to take it easy.

Well traveled, nice amount of shade. Groomed trail. Mostly flat with a couple steep climbs but nothing technical or difficult.

200 ft from our car we saw a family of deer. Within 15 minutes we reached the top of a hill with a 360 degree view the grassy plain & mountains. We hiked a little bit further to the rock pool, which was refreshing even in the heat of summer. We spent a little too much time at the rock pool, so we didnt get to explore many of the other trails. If I end up in this area again, this will for sure be a stop.

Awesome hike! It was extremely easy, and mostly flat. It was very scenic and parking is free on the Mulholland Highway. It was also very shady after dropping to Crags Road.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Lots of water in Malibu Creek. Hills haven't greened up yet. The new grass hasn't overcome the old dead gray growth. Canyons north of 101 are greener but a dirty green. Not sure why but the old growth seems less dense in Upper Las Virgenes Canyon,

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Some nice little hills, cool ride to Malibu Lake... Or almost to it, you can't go all the way.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I really liked it! $3 parking for 1hr. Not sure what the longer times cost....
I just walked and followed trails that lead to a dead end with a gate that said no trespassing. I just turned around and went back. I enjoyed it! There's some parts of shade and the creek runs along the path!
Just would like to note that I am a female and I went alone. I have enter been before and although I was scared, I felt safe. There weren't any people and I just kept a look out of my surroundings. I'll be going back!!!

Friday, May 20, 2016

Hiked the Grasslands Trail to Crags Rd and the visitor center. Came back High Road. Everything has dried up. Malibu Creek only has small pockets of water and the grasslands are all brown. It would have been nice if it had stayed green longer but still a really nice hike.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Just so you don't show up at the Grasslands Trail hoping to have a nice outing with your canine buddy...it is clearly marked that dogs are NOT allowed on the trail.

recorded Grasslands Trail