Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Grass Mountain Leona Divide Truck Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(15)
Angeles National Forest

Grass Mountain Leona Divide Truck Trail is a 12.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Palmdale, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and scenic driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.6 miles Elevation Gain: 2,224 feet Route Type: Point to Point

scenic driving

Went off route to shaded trail instead of fire road. One snake. Oyyy

No shade. Nice groomed fire road. Beautiful views. Went around 11 am. Paused the 2nd whole mile up by accident. Went 5 total

ohv/off road driving

Nice trail! Not too hard for beginners... like me.

overall it's a great trail, nice and long so that you can get some energy out. in the summer, the lack of shade can be troublesome as can the gnats (I try to remember to bring a running mask because I have definitely ingested some bugs on this trail. I will say this: BEWARE OF OFFROADERS. Both on dirtbikes and in jeeps. I was hiking and a guy had to be airlifted out after getting run over last year.

It's a nice fire road route, very sandy in some areas. We only made it half way ( 12 miles) due to time. It's definitely not hard, I would say moderate.

Wed Apr 18 2018

Great views, good climb, definitely wouldn’t call it hard. Fun, fast, sweeping turns on the downhill.

ohv/off road driving
Tue Feb 06 2018

I don't get the hard rating this trail has been given as it's pretty straightforward though can be slow after the winter rains.

Sun May 29 2016