Grapevine Canyon Trail

Grapevine Canyon Trail is a 11.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Ranchita, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

off road driving

We started on the side of highway 78 and ended on Montezuma. The drive was very doable in our off road equipped Ram. We were in 4 wheel drive the whole time for our comfort but can be done in 2 wheel drive with off road tires. In some places the bushes make it narrow but can be avoided if you take it slow. The last mile had no trespassing signs but the road doesn't get close to the homes so just drive right through and don't worry about it. This trail can easily be done in less than a hour. Have fun!

off road driving

Hmm when I hit it, it was on private property so I didn't go through.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sunday, January 04, 2015

A favorite place to go and explore. We go frequently and always have a good day...my ford focus can make most of the trip although after the rain it can get a little sketchy.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I did this trail in my silverado with my wife and 6 month old baby and still felt like it was easy. Kind of a high speed trail. Only one spot that I needed to slow down and put it in 4 wheel drive.

Monday, January 02, 2012

My husband and I took our modified Jeep Cherokee XJ on this trail. We had a blast! There are some parts that are uneven and vehicles with low ground clearance might find themselves high-centered. It took us about 45 minutes to complete and was enjoyable the entire time!