Granite Loop Trail

Granite Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

old growth

A short loop trail around the Visitor Center with numbered markers along the trail.

Had lots of fun with the little ones, we even got to see a couple coyotes walking around. They walked away as soon as they saw us. Great trail and great views.

Great trail, kid-friendly (NOT stroller friendly). Lots of places to stop and rest on benches under the oaks if you want to. One of my favorite local trails, worth the visit.

I thought it was fun. Small trail, more difficult in that the path was rocky and uneven, which made it fun for me. If you do want to see wild life, then do this trail. However, if you are afraid of snakes or crawling creatures then don't do this trail. I thought it was fun! I did see some poison oak but it was not near the trail.

This was our first time hiking the Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve trails. We hiked parts of the Granit Loop and Vista Grande trails, about 2 miles worth. This was a easy strolling hike. The trails were well maintained and marked. We loved the scenery - rolling hills, wildflowers, knotty oks, and grassy plateaus. We'll come back and maybe hike the Vernal Pool trail and see the Adobes. Worth the entrance fee!

Sunday, March 06, 2016