Grabtown Gulch to Purisima Creek Loop

Grabtown Gulch to Purisima Creek Loop is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grabtown, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

A beautiful redwood hike, perfect for a hot day because the entire hike is in the shade. I only gave it 4* because it's pretty steep and for most of it you're either going up or down which is not my favorite plus I prefer single track paths and this was wider but nice if you have a hiking partner that you want to chat with.

Breathtaking hike through the redwoods. Totally loved it. Highly recommend doing it counter clockwise.

Going counterclockwise from the recorded map leads a consistent steep decent for the first 1.8 miles and a more gradual, but also at times steep ascent back up. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed this as much if I went clockwise.
I enjoyed this route because it was so lightly trafficked and mostly shady with patches of sun in between. My gps recorded only 5 miles, and with a steady pace I completed this route in under 2 hours.

Nice easy 5.5 miler. Lots of banana slugs, creeks had water this year. Some wildflowers, but not as many as I've seen on other trails on the Peninsula

Beautiful hike. It's a bit of a climb back from the bottom, so take that into consideration.

Nice uncrowded hike in Purisima Redwoods. It has some nice climbs and a variety of forest going from some open space through different types of trees and into and back out of the redwoods to return back to Tunitas creek Rd. The trails in this area are well constructed and make good year round hikes.