Grabtown Gulch to Purisima Creek Loop

Grabtown Gulch to Purisima Creek Loop is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grabtown, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hike. I went on a Sunday and only saw a handful of people when the trail meets up with another trail. Other than that I had the trail to myself. It was peaceful and beautiful. Mostly shaded with a few good steep areas to get the heart pumping.

A beautiful redwood hike, perfect for a hot day because the entire hike is in the shade. I only gave it 4* because it's pretty steep and for most of it you're either going up or down which is not my favorite plus I prefer single track paths and this was wider but nice if you have a hiking partner that you want to chat with.

Breathtaking hike through the redwoods. Totally loved it. Highly recommend doing it counter clockwise.

Going counterclockwise from the recorded map leads a consistent steep decent for the first 1.8 miles and a more gradual, but also at times steep ascent back up. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed this as much if I went clockwise.
I enjoyed this route because it was so lightly trafficked and mostly shady with patches of sun in between. My gps recorded only 5 miles, and with a steady pace I completed this route in under 2 hours.

Nice easy 5.5 miler. Lots of banana slugs, creeks had water this year. Some wildflowers, but not as many as I've seen on other trails on the Peninsula