Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(134)
Presidio of San Francisco

Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach Trail is a 10.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Francisco, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 10.1 km Elevation Gain: 219 m Route Type: Out & Back

beach

This was some what confusing as there were several different trails that you could take. It was definitely scenic as you pass the beach, several cool bunkers and the ggb. I was expect to get a good workout but it was just mediocre for me. There was a section that was all stairs which was the best part of the hike. Lots of people out and bikers as well. Wear your masks! Total miles for us was about 6 as we turned around at the end of the bridge.

Heavily trafficked. Pro: Baker beach was great to walk along. Con: Too many bikes in a narrow path near Golden Gate Bridge.

Super

Heavily trafficked but amazing views of the bridge. Time it right to catch sunset on the way back-- epic.

Beautiful hike with amazing views. Easy/moderate. Would definitely go again

An easy walk with breath taking views. Always fun exploring the bunkers with the GGB in the background. Sandy and windy, but as expected.

A wonderful and challenging hike that takes you through urban, forest and ocean settings. Be careful around the sutro baths as the routing is inaccurate. I diverted to walk the Golden Gate which ultimately put this hike at 16 miles for me. A full trail report, with pictures will be available 7/23 at https://www.studioprey.com

Great views. Bring lunch and a thermos full of hot tea!

Sat Mar 09 2019

Such a great trail even in the rain. I didn’t want to chance slipping as I was alone. Next time!

Sun Mar 03 2019

Really great run to the other side of the bridge and back. Fun way to experience the bridge for the first time!!

Wed Aug 15 2018

Loved it....continued along bakers beach and got as close to the bridge as we were able. Awesome views.

Thu Jun 21 2018

beautiful space to relax and get out of the house

Wed May 02 2018

Iconic. Legendary. A must see.

Sun Apr 22 2018

Great beach and bluff exploring with great views of the Bridge. Overnight camping a The Presido Rob Hill Campground

Sat Sep 02 2017

No pictures can really do the Golden Gate Bridge justice. Standing on top and looking down is an immense feeling. Toss something off the side and count the second until it reaches the bay.

Mon Jul 17 2017

This was an amazing little hike/jog.... Had the best time and the scenery was beautiful...

Sun Jul 09 2017

Great bike ride!

Sun Mar 05 2017

Ive never been here

Mon Dec 12 2016

Nice walk and of course great views from the GGB of Alcatraz and the Bay. We pushed on to Saulsalito and caught the Ferry back.

Tue Sep 27 2016

Not much of a hike at all but all that running around on the beach will surely tucker you out! Dog friendly, friendly people, incredible views of the Golden Gate bridge. We even saw a school of dolphins swimming by!

Tue Sep 20 2016

Not really a 'hike' per se but should be on your list if you live in or near the Bay Area. I've gotten lucky sometimes and had fewer tourists on the bridge but also been so crowded I could barely manoeuvre through the selfie-taking hoard. But press on: the crowd thins before the halfway point and it's an absolute dream walk looking out at the Pacific and back at the Bay.

Fri Sep 16 2016

FIVE stars for the history and views from the bridge. I was born nearby at Letterman Army hospital. I did this along with Angel Island one day a few years back with a friend and it was one of my favorite days in life. I also love to be at the helm of my boat on the way out under the Golden Gate Bridge. EPIC

Fri Aug 26 2016

Ive biked this and done the route 4x in a year. Its worth it.

Fri Aug 19 2016

Amazing views of the Bay area. We didn't walk the entire way. Very windy out in the open. Beautiful area!!

Sun Aug 14 2016

started from Baker and ran up to the start of GG and back. gorgeous views and sure is awesome to pass cars and bikers on the way up :) next time I'll go over and back on the bridge!