Golden Canyon Trail

Golden Canyon Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shoshone, California and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from October until March.

Really easy scenic trail

Lots of fun

Great hike. Very moderate. Doable in a couple hours. Great views at the end. The rocks are very beautiful.

Monday, April 11, 2016

We did this as part of the Gower Gulch hike and it made for a nice excursion. Very steep in one area but otherwise quite doable. Hike it at sunset or sunrise for an even better experience; this will also avoid the heat and a lot of hikers.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Fairly difficult at one point where trail takes a pretty vertical climb. A pretty canyon land-esque hike but if you're going to do Golden Canyon you might as well do the rest of Gower Gulch for a better hike.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Amazing hike!! I took this trail to Zabriskie Point. If you can get to Zabriskie Point before you do the hike I think it is better because you have a good idea of what you are hiking through (Zabriskie Point at sunrise is awesome, I came back later the same day). The trail is not difficult or long and it is well marked. I took the Gower Gulch trail back to make a loop. Gower Gulch is rocky so you should have sturdy boots for that trail.

Friday, February 15, 2013

The trail may seem a bit uneventful and not as interesting as some in the park. However, it is where they shot the first Star Wars. Google and find pictures of the shots from the movie, and you may find this more interesting! The trail leads to many different attractions.

My friend and I hiked to the Red Cathedral, which was pretty interesting. It's a giant wall of rock and kind of redish. The trail will take you to Zabriski Point and many other.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I hiked this with my 12 and 13 yo sons from Zabriske Point to the GC trailhead. My wife dropped us off and met us 90 minutes later. It was an awesome 3 mile hike.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

This was a nice, easy way to spend part of the morning while my wife played golf. Not spectacular, but another complementary part of the overall Death Valley experience.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

this is very nice trail but dont forget to take water with you.