Gold Mountain Trail

Gold Mountain Trail is a 12.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Big Bear City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Great Trail with awesome views, fairly easy but bumpy until you get to the rock ledge and rock garden after that. All around fun.

off road driving

First time up there and had a great time!

Love it pretty technical trail at the start

Love this trail I highly recommended.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

awesome. definitely 4 wheel recommended

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Awesome trail, anytime is a good time for this trail, went with a few family members off roading took us about 1hour 30 min to run it plus 3N16, always down to go on it definitely flex spots...and im in a tundra crewmax and i can do it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Monday, July 20, 2015

I prefer to off-road this trail than hike it, but it's a fun way to get into Holcomb Valley and play in the mountains.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunday, July 01, 2012

I enjoyed my time here even though I put a few dents in my lower rocker panels on my new Tacoma truck. 4wd is a must. If you are not into trail rash then it may be a good idea to invest in rock sliders and bumpers to keep your vehicle protected. A locking diff is highly recommended. There were a few spots where I had a difficult time getting up. Conditions change depending on usage. On the weekends there can be a lot of traffic but, the majority of these guys are great and very helpful. Had a great time here. There are a variety of terrains and one section of rocks that sound like you are driving over broken china...its a trip! The views are spectacular. We did end up finding one of the old abandoned mine shafts on the backside of the trail but, it has long since been covered. Still was nice to see a small piece of history.

Friday, June 01, 2012

My friend I hiked this 4x4 trail last Nov. Nice thing is the road goes almost to the summit. Another one marked off the buchet list. Being that it was a mid week hike we had the trail all to our selves. It is steep and rocky in places so good boots are a must. This trail also offers some the best views of the valley. We made this a loop hike. After having lunch at the top we headed around the north side to hook up with the PCT. Then took the PCT down to Doble Springs camp. Took a right turn(south) hike down through the meadow to Hwy 18. Didn't wont to walk on the hwy we went acoss the road and hike below the hwy along the lake bed tell we got back to the truck. A long day but worth it.