Gold Bluffs Beach Campground

Gold Bluffs Beach Campground is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Orick, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and camping and is accessible year-round.

beach

It was one of the best views I've ever woken up to and falling asleep with the waves is great.

Did this one a couple of weeks ago on the way back from Fern Canyon. Not sure why it's listed as a trail. It's a road around the campground that's closed for the winter...

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

scenic driving
Friday, August 05, 2016

Campground on the beach near Fern Canyon.

Saturday, May 09, 2015

We always camp here, and its always more beautiful than the last time. I cant choose which aspect is my favorite, the elk that you wake up to each morning, or the waves that rock you to sleep each night. One recommendation is to get there early during summer months to reserve a spot. Make sure to keep your trash put away in bear canisters. As hard as it is to imagine bears on the beach, they definitely are. While camping on a rain-fueled weekend, i luckily scored two tarps someone had left behind in a bear canister! Woo!

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Friday, December 16, 2011

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Go anywhere in the redwoods and you wont be disappointed. This area was no exception. I should say right off the bat that we didn't actually stay at the Gold Bluffs campground but camped about a half a klick away at the Miners Ridge campground. I liked its location a little better, little less exposed, a little less traffic. The picture I posted is on the trail in between the Prairie Creek Visitor Center and Miners Ridge the morning after some really heavy rain.