Gods Bath Clavey River Trail

Gods Bath Clavey River Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Femmons, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

There is high traffic on this trail. Please pack in and pack out all trash and belongings. The trail is also very difficult and steep - not recommended for children or dogs.

I want to leave this review as a WARNING for anybody who goes to this place. I have been here several times and yes it is beautiful, which is the reason I have returned each time, but the last time I went was nearly my last day on this planet. I have swam in the pool at the end of the trail countless times, even under and through the waterfall, but apparently this last time the flow was significantly stronger than the previous times I went and I was pulled deep underwater and held against the riverbed for around 2 minutes. I thought for sure I was going to die but I was lucky enough that I forced myself along the riverbed until i was on the other side of the current and finally pushed out. Several people pulled me out of the water and I was unable to speak or move for close to 30 minutes. PLEASE take the waterfall at the end of the trail VERY seriously because its strength changes dramatically throughout the year.

Beautiful. Water is clear and cold, however not cold enough where you can’t enjoy a good swim! The hike down to the river from the bridge is steep, so coming back up can be a bit challenging for those who do not hike much. There is one point where you have to walk against the cliff, it is about 7-8 feet from the ground, they have ropes to help. Since I had my 3 year old son (he’s been hiking since 2) we went a different route which was jumping from rock to rock. I wouldn’t recommend lil kids on this hike, however you know what your kids can handle. We made it to the pool where my husband and two daughters, 12 & 10, jumped off the cliff. They had a blast. 7/10.

The hike itself is amazing! Although when we did this hike today, I found it to be more rock climbing. If you are not used to hiking all the time then this would not be a good place to start. This trail is for the more experienced hikers and I am not one of those. It was difficult for me being that I am not in the best of shape. But I still did it. Would I do it again? Naahh....not until I am more experienced. Be careful, there are a lot of dangerous and very steep places that you have to climb up and down on. Once you get to the top, it is a bit crowded and people do litter which makes the hike less worth it. The scenery is freakin’ awesome though!

Really awesome trail. There were some very dangerous parts including a section where you need to rely on a rope and a few sections where the rocks are super slimy and slippery. I wouldn’t recommend young children and animals try it. The waterfall and swimming hole were amazing. I didn’t love the vibe- it was crowded, the music was blasting, and litter everywhere.

This is a dangerous hike if your not extremely careful! Did this with my ten year old daughter who does lots of hikes with us, this is definitely the most terrifying for me as a mom! No rope was on the very beginning steepest part like some reviews had stated. Clavey River is absolutely beautiful. The actually baths are amazing but be careful when swimming, it's very cold and rapid. Some guys jumping off the cliff had to be helped out of the water because they lost strength. Very dangerous but awesome place. So be careful and have fun! Also there was groups of people on a Sunday so not a secluded place and lots of trash left behind.

This trail has dangerous fall situations. Not for children

This trail is very dangerous and should never be mistaken for less. I personally have assisted in two helicopter rescues from this trail, both being fall victims. On three different visits the the bath, I have seen the remains of dogs that had fallen to their deaths. I am a local and have frequented the bath for over forty years and say this trail demands caution!

This is not an easy trail. I live here locally and I’ve done this trail getting into God’s bath is not difficult but getting out is. It’s gonna have to walk up a granite vertical face with a rope or Billygoat the side of the mountain either way it’s a little difficult. This is a difficult trail I do not know why it’s rated easy

It was a super awesome place to go too. Only thing that I didn't like was that there are people that are starting to leave their trash. Please keep this spot clean and beautiful and pick up your trash. But still an amazing site.

Great place. Hike not "easy". I believe it is marked correctly on Google maps.

Absolutely beautiful. Hike up the trail is not for the faint of heart. It's easy for the experienced hiker and hard for those that aren't used to using ropes to support their weight and to scale down and across ridges.
NOTE****
A lot of people are littering, leaving their beer cans, beverages, picnic food, wrappers all along the trail as well as at the site. Please, if you do go, pack out everything you brought with you. Respect nature and keep this place beautiful. What you leave there will stay there forever, because this is a secret spot, there is no one that is coming to clean this place up. It is all up to you to clean after yourselves.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

The hill to get down is pretty tough, but once you are down it is absolutely beautiful.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Does anyone have exact directions from San Francisco? The link shows google map directions that I have read are inaccurate

Monday, August 07, 2017

we went up today! it's so amazing and beautiful!!! if you use GPS and as you are passing second bridge and it tells you 8 more miles. STOP STOP STOP it's actually wrong. the bridge with green trim is the one!!! we took our 8 year old daughter ( she hikes alot with us) and she did good.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Does anyone know where is a good place to stay next to the trails to God's River? I want to take a trip next week.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Road is open! Great swimming hole.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Still closed :,( 7/14/17

Saturday, July 08, 2017

people are saying the road is closed, but can you still go down to gods bath for a longer hike with the road closed?

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Still closed. ☹️

Monday, July 03, 2017

Does anyone know if the road to get to Gods Bath is still closed? Heard there's signs still up

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The decent down from the road is steep and dangerous but once down to water level it's an easy hike to the pools. I wouldn't recommend for children or elderly persons. Pack light, no glass, carry in, carry out, basically over crowded, over used, why leave the city? This site was very secret and known of mostly by locals only. This site, as well as many other sites I comment on were enjoyed au'natural pre internet

Monday, June 19, 2017

I love this place! so beautiful!

Monday, June 12, 2017

One of the best swimming holes. Wish is was more of a secret. Beautiful pools to play in. If you haven't been - GO!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It's a great place to hike and swim! Would love to do it again, but this time bring a garbage bag to pick up peoples junk.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017