Goat Canyon Trestle Bridge from Mortero Palms

Goat Canyon Trestle Bridge from Mortero Palms is a 6.4 mile loop trail located near Mortero Palms, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

rock climbing

Great trail but this is not for the faint of heart. This took us over 9 hours. It is about half trail and half rock and boulder scrambling. This does not lead all the way to the bridge. It does however lead to a great view of the bridge within Goat Canyon. The trail dead ends within a deep gorge at a 100ft drop off. The trek is fun and the views are great. My favorite part is dense population of Palm Trees at the trail start.
Cell signal pretty good for the first 2/3rds of the trail.

If you are more fit and more experienced than me this is a 5 star for sure. It was brutal for me. Stunning nature and views.

Damn!!! All I have to say... but we were not able to find a direct route to the trestle bridge following the map. We got to the end where you get a leak but could not find a she route up to climb, it was straight up. definitely bring fatty foods and protein cause you will burn tons of energy. bring gloves to protect your hands from the boulder climbing. Wear shoes with excellent grip. bring hat to protect yourself from sun. At least 2-3 liters of water. don't start this hike later than 10am. it's more like 8 miles. it's an all day hike if you plan on getting to trestle bridge. be safe and good luck!

The bridge is awesome, there several tunnels. We saw big horn sheep in the first 5 minutes, amazing

Saturday, July 09, 2016