Glory Ridge Trail

Glory Ridge Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Big Bear City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

old growth

One of the trails in Big Bear. This is the trail at the end of Glory Ridge Rd and descends to Bear Creek.

Good workout trail. Beautiful at the bottom with plenty of water and huge deep pools and waterfalls. Worth a visit. Trail is steep and slippery in places due to sand, but manageable if you take your time. We measured it at about 7/10 of a mile one way and about 900 feet of elevation loss to the bottom. That, of course, means 900 feet of gain hiking back out. Figure about 30 minutes going down and an hour or more going uphill. Take your time, rest when necessary and you will find it a moderate challenge. The trailhead is at the end of the dirt road that continues when the pavement ends. Probably 3-4 miles from Hiway 18. You'll know you are there when you get to the parking area with the "Fisherman" sign next to the beginning of the trail. The dirt road dead ends at this sign, so you know you are there.

Monday, May 02, 2016

When I did this trail I parked where the dirt road started. I ended up doing about 12-14 miles expecting only a difficult 2 mile hike... Trees had fallen and it is a very steep decline down and incline up. I took a dip into the river once I got down and it seemed very satisfying. Next time I will bring my poles when the fish are running.
I hiked it last month. 4/10/16