Glass Mountain Trail

Glass Mountain Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tulelake, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until September.

loved glass mountain wth kiddos a great birthday surprise for my son turning ten! super heat coming off glass stunning views

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Can anyone provide an exact location for me to put in my gps for this?

Monday, June 29, 2015

Beautiful.

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Fun hike, it was cool to see the rocks change beneath your feet, we actually spent about 3 hours following the 'trail', before turning back.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

So cool to see but don't try to climb off trail that stuff is sharp! I made the mistake of trying to follow my boyfriend when he wanted to explore and cell and cut myself lol. Oops.

Friday, August 06, 2010

A great hike for geology nuts and people who like sharp things. The trail isn't really well marked past a certain point, but that just means you choose your own adventure. Sweeping views off to the north and northeast at trail's end - even a glimpse of nearby Lava Beds National Monument on clear days. This was a tool source used by natives for hundreds of miles around, but nowadays more or less in the middle of nowhere, so it's good for a bit of peace and quiet.