Gilman Peak is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yorba Linda, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,010 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I thought maybe in the last two months that this trail would have been cleaned up a little, but as of Monday 9/2/2019 the trail is still a little over grown. I’m not sure how bad it was then, but once you turn onto Gilman Trail there is only about 6” of clearance and you are just constantly walking through spikey bushes. Like, wear thick pants. There’s a section almost 3/4 to the top where you have the just cover you face and walk through tall dead bush with no clearance. I’m fairly certain I was the first (maybe only) person on the trail that day, so I got a face full of spider webs and their meals. Totally covered in bugs. I thought about trying to take another way down once I got to the peak because it was just not enjoyable in the least, but I figured I already got the spider webs and it’s more direct back the way I came so I sucked it up and ran down. The view was the only reason I gave this 2 stars instead of 1. Basically a 360 view.

Tried to hike up to Gilman peak last week. Upon leaving Telegraph Canyon trail, Gilman trail is overgrown and after just a few hundred yards we deemed it not passable. So we turned back and just stayed on Telegraph Canyon. disappointed.

A lot of bush whacking

i have never seen the CHSP so lush! It was full of delicate wildflowers of every color and 10 foot high mustard. There was even a flowing creek teeming with poliwogs. Full of life presently as the bird song and crickets were serenading us on our hike. Just before the final bit up the peak we witnessed a beatiful rattlesnake slithering across the trail so use caution of course. We went over Gilman peak to Northridge for a bit then turned around. Just a perfect time of year to see this area fully decked out it all of its seasonal brilliance.

Good after work hike. I saw a couple frogs, a rabbit, and a small coyote. Took a couple pictures at the top.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018