Gibson Ranch Regional Park Loop Trail

Gibson Ranch Regional Park Loop Trail is a 3.1 mile loop trail located near Elverta, California. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not a bad walk but not a great one either. Some parts are boring but along the creeks it is more interesting.

Saw several encampments of homeless people but on the other side of the water from the trail.

My 6 year old and 3 year old enjoyed seeing the horses and also the ducks and geese in the pond.

easy shady walk

Nice place for a walk, however not necessarily worth the $5 parking fee on a regular basis.

Great place to take your dogs for a trail walk. Lots to see... be aware there is a $5 parking fee.

Nice easy city trail, this is a great trail for running

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

It was an easy trail. You get to walk by the creek and you get to see a lot of horses. The horses were friendly too. I want to go back and spend a day there with my kids.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

There is plenty of parking (I parked near dog park then ran towards the creek past the horses). Trail is mainly dirt you can do a full circumference following the fence line around the park. Running through farmland, don't spook the cows, then eventually you curve back around following main road in park only to turn left near park entrance follow trail back to creek and then back to where you started. 1/2 shady - 1/2 sunny. 4+ mile run.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Trash all along parts of the trail.. like a dump site level of trash... abandoned fridge strollers literally bags of trash thrown around.. it wouldn't have been a big deal but we paid money to go in

Monday, March 27, 2017

safe walk for littles. wasn't the family hike we were looking for but the ranch had some nice animals to watch. $5 fee

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Your average walk around. Very sweet and quaint. Husbands back went out and it was the perfect mild walk with walking stick

Monday, January 30, 2017

good trail to take the family... easy trail

Saturday, January 21, 2017

So happy I found this little gem! Such a beautiful place to jog

Sunday, January 15, 2017

First time there & was pleasantly surprised. Have worked in the area for 6 years & didn't know it existed until downloading AllTrails app. Will be a great place to unwind after work.

Happened to go in the late afternoon/early evening... a time when the light was giving a gorgeous glow to the trees. Plus the grass was vibrant from recent (& substantial!) rain. Water features, outbuildings, defunct facilities, Dry Creek, horses, friendly folk... so much to see! I was learning the lay of the land, so just strolled it, but it will be A great trail for an easy trail run. I look forward to returning often.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Its alright for a small walk.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Very enjoyable walking beside horses, stream and lake.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

So nice I dont want to let anyone else to know about it.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

waste of a trip. there Computer down , did not know I had to pay !*

Saturday, July 23, 2016

the hike was nice and flat and partly shaded which was great on a warm day. There are no signs so its easy to go the wrong way. Part of the walk is thru a regular park and parking lot..... felt more like a stroll in the park then an actual hike

Thursday, June 16, 2016

We hiked the trail with the kids; it was great for them! Easy, shaded, beach access to the water, has picnic areas & playscape. Very beautiful, quiet & lots of wildlife. We ran into a peacock, horses & lots of squirrels. Gorgeous man-made water hole near the park area. This was a great outing for our family!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nice until you miss the unmarked turn and end up in homeless camp.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Beautiful trail

Monday, February 15, 2016

This is an awesome trail, but we missed the "Don't pet the horses" sign.

Its kids and stroller friendly.
We will be back.

Follow us on Facebook for further hikes- Hike it Baby Sacramento :)

Monday, February 15, 2016

Loved seeing the horses but wasn't a fan of seeing the homeless population.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I come here very often, and I always enjoy the walk/run around there. It is mostly shaded, perfect for summer.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Found this trail in the Sacramento Top Trails book. We tried to follow the instructions but lost the perimeter trail at near the road. My bad. I should have read the instructions more closely but we did fine. We hiked 75% of the trail the author identified. Nice area to visit in the spring when everything is green, especially the area near Dry Creek. Plenty of parking and lots of area for picnics.

Monday, January 27, 2014

It's OK, there lots of forks leading to the creek (dry creek). Every time I've gone there I've seen at least one homeless person.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Very Goooood ! Really Fun :)