Gerle Loop Trail

Gerle Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile loop trail located near Pilot Hill, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is 4.4 miles as per my tracker. Not the 2.5 miles listed. Easy hike though. Very nice.

This trail does not go down to the water! Since the picture that is posted of the trail on this site is of the river I thought it would go down to it, but it never did. Brought my kids on a hot day thinking we could jump into the river to cool off.

beautiful weather today, shade most of the trail. watch out for poison oak! there is a lot of it on the trail.

A nice trail with great views of the river. Would go on it again!

Beautiful. Good for my kids ages 4 and 8. Well groomed. Lots of poison oak in shade. Will definitely be back.

Scenic and shaded. Shorter hike with a little elevation change. Quiet and uncrowded. Nice river access towards the end. My dog went off leash and had a grand time.

A lovely little trail. It was an easy hike for my mixed company of novices. The dogs loved it. The scenery was pretty in April and the river stop was a great spot to relax before heading back to the car.

Beautiful, totally recommend it!

Beautiful trail and scenery.
Easy enough for kids to enjoy as well.

Took my dog with me and he loved it.

Saw many people biking and horse riding.