Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

George F. Canyon Nature Trail

George F. Canyon Nature Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Palos Verdes Peninsula, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fantastic family friendly hike! This trail starts right behind the Nature Center and is very easy and peaceful. The first half is fairly flat but there is a slight incline towards the end of the trail. Easy incline for an adult but could seem a little steep if taking your toddler. You will be sharing the trail with horses and there are road apples everywhere so you may want to watch out on your footing. There are multiple chairs to take a break and just listen to the birds. Lots of birds and lots of bunnies as well.

Small, short little hike. It is along side a little creek for majority of the hike and there are little places to stop and take a seat if you’d like. There is very little incline during the hike except at the very end. It is also a horse trail, I believe.

Eh. The only reasons I’m giving this three stars instead of two are:
1) can see snow on the mountains
2) I saw butterflies

Otherwise, this trail is pretty boring... essentially through the ‘backyard’ of homes. There is a decent incline at the end (before you turn around).

Went after a rain so it was really muddy and slippery on the incline but on the plus side we had the whole trail to ourselves! Super easy and close to the road, so I would barely consider it a “hike” but it was a nice peaceful walk, and smelled amazing from all the flowers and plants. Overall exactly as described, especially the horse poop covering the trail which I could have done without haha

Kid friendly, easy, educational Riparian trail nestled in a Palos Verdes canyon. Quite a few people.

It’s really short, but beautiful and great to do with kids.

We got to the parking with no problem at all. To the left side of the nature center, walk parallel towards the street and shortly after you will see the trailhead. The trail was mostly flat but at the end there was a steady incline. I don't know what people were saying about bringing toddlers on this hike. Those are some active toddlers! My boyfriend has bad knees and he said this was the perfect length. **Watch out for horse poo**!

Not a bad hike especially that I had the trail all to myself. I didn't realize horses took the trail because there was A LOT of horse poop to hop over. The trail would probably be prettier in the Springtime because it was very dry and overgrown when I went plus the stream was all dried up. There's a bit of an incline towards the end. All in all, it's a nice quick quiet trail to getaway and get the heart pumping.

Nice easy short out and back trail. Not strenuous at all. But a nice little morning nature walk. We took the dogs and they loved it!

It is a pretty hike and gives you a nice incline to get the heart pumping.

Very nice trail with lots of shade. Went on a Sunday and there's a nice lot for parking. Had our two little ones, 23 month old and 8yr old. They loved it! Only one small thing was there was alot of horse poop but maybe it's not there all the time...definitely worth it.

A really wonderful park for getting away from city life. Well maintained trail with signs along the way with information about birds, animals, plants and history of the park.

Be prepared for snakes. We came across a rattle snake on the trail. Aside from that scare, we really enjoyed the hike. We saw a cottontail rabbit and plenty of birds.

It’s a moderately easy path with an uphill at the end of the trail.

Very easy walk, only a slight incline. It was perfect for my lazy dog, but not too challenging for me. This trail would be great for small kids and anyone just starting out with a fitness regimen. Parking and access to the trail were both easy to find.

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Beautiful and quiet. Lots of nature where you feel away from the city. Some challenging parts and great view at the top.

Monday, March 05, 2018

My 3 year old grandson and I both loved this trail. It's a good walk uphill to start, the higher up gets pretty steep for little ones. I was actually more concerned about going down, but my little hiker did it :)

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Short, easy hike with a good view at the end. Continue to the end after the boy scout "summit" sign for the best view.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Good family hike. Informational plaques a long the way. If there is a good rain there would be a stream. Horses and dogs are allowed. Lizards and birds are plentiful.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Perfect day hike, easy enough.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

good short work out, but the amount of horse feces found is ridiculous.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Good short trail, very shady, nice little inclined. Perfect for a beginner like me. Careful with the horse poops.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Awesome hike

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Such a beautiful hike. Took my beagle and friend with me. My dog was so tired after about a hour, but he loved all the different plants and smells. Definitely coming back with my pup

Friday, November 10, 2017

Nice little local hike if you live in the South Bay. Short in and out hike but great views of the city from the top.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Ok hike.....you still hear lots of city life, and see homes, so it doesn't really feel like you are "out" in nature too much. Easy hike though....good for kids and those not in the best of shape (like me).

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Very short hike, less than 2 miles

Saturday, October 14, 2017

My girlfriend and I took the “Stream” trail. It was very peaceful, once we reached the end, of the trail.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Description is spot on. Easy but great view. Fun little stroll.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Easy hike with my dogs. Posted a few photos. Stream is dry. Not sure about winter and spring

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Birds chirping, great smelling bushes and a hike that starts off easy and then becomes welcomingly more challenging as the trail starts to incline more and more. Also a nice view of a small portion of the cityscape behind you.

I believe the trail has also been extended further up.

Monday, July 24, 2017

I did this trail today with my sister. It's an easy hike, about 1 mile in then you come straight back out. The trail is in pretty good condition, but there are some cracks so you need to watch your step. Very minor incline until about the last 1/3 of a mile where you start to get a little steep until you get to he lookout. Good if you want an easy hike. Bring lots of water and wear sunscreen! There are some nice shaded areas you can take breaks, but you are in the sun the majority of the time.