General Grant Loop Trail

General Grant Loop Trail is a 0.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dunlap, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks 47050 Generals Highway Three Rivers, California 93271-9700 By Phone:1-559-565-3341 By Fax:1-559-565-3730

Easy walk through beautiful grove of trees. Popular hike in the park.

Nice little hike. Super busy but for a quick look at the great trees it is well worth it.

Scenic walk with lots of wonderful things to see. The path is paved all the way up to General Grant from the parking lot.

Nice paved loop. Would have liked to hiked additional trails. It it was getting late

Easy trail as an intro to SEKI from the Fresno side. Trail is paved. Handful of loops to explore for a short, easy walk.

Gen. Grant is right where i left him over 15 years ago... just bigger... what a lovely grove

Easy trail...beautiful at sunset!

Nice easy trail with beautiful gigantic sequoias.

Short and sweet. You get to see a big tree!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I've walked this short loop many times. Lots to see along the way other than the General Grant tree. It's an easy walk, and yes, there is always a crowd.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Great sequoia grove. Easy loop that takes about 30 minutes.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Quick walk with beautiful trees!

Friday, November 04, 2016

Enjoyed the trees. Fun walking through the fallen tree. Gives you a real appreciation as to their size.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Easy and educational.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Perhaps more fascinating than the General Grant, the second largest tree in the world (the a General Sherman is the first) is the hollowed out, downed redwood you can walk through which gives you a little perspective as the the size of these trees.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Short hike, amazing views. Be sure to read the signs as you go, the history is quite interesting.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Short little hike through an amazing forest!! The trees are massive!!

Saturday, August 06, 2016

If your looking for the "peaceful walk in the woods" this is your hike over the "Giant Forest in Seq. Nat. Park. Granted we got here later in the evening, but there was no more than 10 cars in the lot. But you can walk on dirt here, you feel like your in the wood!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Beautiful hike

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Good intro to Sequoias if you start on the Kings Canyon side of the park. Do this before you to General Sherman so you save the largest for last.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Easy short loop with tall trees. Parking lot isn't very large and gets crowded in the summer.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Easy trail with giant trees that make you feel like your an ant compared to them. Great scenic hike.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

This is a great trail. My 4yo loved climbing through the fallen trees. So did I. Felt like a giant squirrel.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

super easy & very very crowded!

Monday, February 22, 2016

This was the first hike I took with my young family now we are veterans but I remember this one well hiking with my daughter on my shoulders and son leading the way with friends❤️❤️

Friday, November 27, 2015

We took our kids to go see the giant redwoods in mid-November. My 6 year old, developmentally disabled son was able to make the loop twice with no problems. The area is beautiful and the enormity of the trees is humbling. There was a fallen tree that you can walk through. My kids loved this. The trail itself was well maintained and fenced in so there is essentially no risk of a kid wandering off the trail and getting lost. We loved it.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I love this area! Many great memories of the big trees from my childhood... Fun in every season.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Very easy. Crowded, but a nice simple walk with great views of trees.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Nice short hike up to, and around General Grant Tree. There is also a cool, old cabin and a hollowed out fallen sequoia tree which was used by early settlers in the area.

Saturday, April 04, 2015

I have taken my kids to this past 2 years. I plan on going every year. These sequoia trees amaze me every time. I like going during fall and winter. Less people/tourists I mean. Plus every time we get to see mother bears and her cubs. I am able to show my children how to give nature space, respect and observe beauty from a safe distance.