Gem Lake via Rush Creek Trail

Gem Lake via Rush Creek Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near June Lake, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Meh

Love this trail...always a lovely hike, but lots of work being done on Agnew which ruined my photo shoots!

Nice hike if you're in the area. Unfortunately the smoke from the Detwiler fire was abundant even in the June Lake area. Be aware that there are only a handful of shade areas on the trail. Definitely worth pushing on past Agnew Lake. The waterfall from Rush Creek was on overload when we hiked last week.

Holy cow!! We did this baby yesterday. We started around 5pm, got back down right as darkness hit. I think doing it in the evening made it more magical. The lighting was perfect for taking photos. There wasn't any snow on the tail which was a contrast from all the other trails we've been doing in the area. The waterfall made the hike! It was gushing!!! Took my breath away as we moved closer and closer to it. We only saw a handful of people on the trail. I felt like it was a hidden treasure. Agnew Lake was spectacular, especially once the sun went behind the trees. We wanted to stay for sunset at gem lake so that we could get amazing photos. However it was a bit chilly, and the wind was crazy- so we opted out and spent more time at Agnew.

Much more removed than Agnew, bald eagles flying by and a beautiful lake to be had. Geologically the rock formations had a lot of interesting things to see as well.