Gaviota Trail to Mendoza Trail Loop

Gaviota Trail to Mendoza Trail Loop is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gilroy, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5/3/2018 This is a nice easy hike with lots of shade and not too much elevation gain, but with really panoramic and rewarding views of Gilroy. There are lots of wildflowers out now and lots of wildlife, probably because of the nearby campground. I saw lots of deer and birds and in the parking area I even saw a group of wild pigs. I let my dog off for the whole walk except on the road to the trailhead. I also didn’t pay the day use fee and got away with it for a couple of hours.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Did this as an afternoon hike. Really enjoyed it. The views are fantastic! We saw lots of wild life as well: Cows, Turkeys and lots of Deer! Along the trail there are benches and picnic tables. It can get very hot - so be sure to bring lots of water!

Friday, July 03, 2015

Very nice. Great views. I find it quite interesting and links up to coyote lake and Harvey bear trails.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

One of our favorite short hikes. We hike here once or twice a year. We prefer to go over the top rather than around, but both routes are great.

Saturday, July 09, 2016