Gaviota Peak Trail

Gaviota Peak Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gaviota, California that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

hot springs

Okay in the winter but too hot in the Summer. We just did this a couple days ago and the heat was brutal. Bring a hat and a few liters of water. That dry heat combined with almost no shade will get you! Lots of the trespass trail is overgrown with tall grasses so do tick checks often and wear pants. Nice views though

3 hours round trip. BRING BUG SPRAY AND A HAT. Views are great hike is pretty boring majority of it on double track road. Did I mention to bring bug spray? Also heads up on the poison oak.

We ran it and it was difficult. I would say this hike is a little more difficult than moderate.

Stunning and wonderful. Probably took us 3.5 hours to complete the full circuit. Getting up early and doing the trespass trail before the peak trail was definitely the way to go. There is little coverage on this hike so bring plenty of water. Wildflowers were stunning but I would imagine I would like this hike a lot less in the summertime

I'm not a hiker by any means so I did the whole loop in 4 hours. We went up Gaviota peak trail, which is hard on the heart. We went down Trespass trail which is hard on the knees and toes! But I'm glad we did it this way rather than the other way around. People who have bad knees may prefer to start up with Trespass trail. When going up peak trail, look behind, there are some wonderful views. At the top, write down something ni the log book and take a selfie with the marker (bucket). We could not see very clearly in the distance because of the sea fog. Not a good trail for just after the rain, we saw several muddy spot (slippery!) on our way down.