Gaviota Peak Trail

Gaviota Peak Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gaviota, California that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

hot springs

Stunning and wonderful. Probably took us 3.5 hours to complete the full circuit. Getting up early and doing the trespass trail before the peak trail was definitely the way to go. There is little coverage on this hike so bring plenty of water. Wildflowers were stunning but I would imagine I would like this hike a lot less in the summertime

I'm not a hiker by any means so I did the whole loop in 4 hours. We went up Gaviota peak trail, which is hard on the heart. We went down Trespass trail which is hard on the knees and toes! But I'm glad we did it this way rather than the other way around. People who have bad knees may prefer to start up with Trespass trail. When going up peak trail, look behind, there are some wonderful views. At the top, write down something ni the log book and take a selfie with the marker (bucket). We could not see very clearly in the distance because of the sea fog. Not a good trail for just after the rain, we saw several muddy spot (slippery!) on our way down.

This is one of my favorite trails in the Goleta area. We started early morning with showers light so we just kept on going. Hit the hot springs at the bottom on the way up to warm up , and then as soon as we were out - torrential downpour!!! The temp dropped to 40 , wind was howling, fog was heavy , and the rain wouldn't stop!!! Eventually got to the top a couple hours later turning the corner expecting a final ascent to the peak, but fooled again!! Once we reached the top... that's for you to find out!!

we did Trespass Trail up to Gaviota Peak and down Gaviota peak trail. The descent was much more manageable on Gaviota Peak trail. Great coastal views as well as inland views. Took us just over 3 hours with plenty of stops for pictures.

This hike was amazing minus the ticks along the way.

Gorgeous - both up Gaviota peak trail and down trespass trail. Highly recommended, especially in the early morning when there is some cloud cover.