Garstin Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,108 feet Route Type: Loop

This loop starts at the Garstin Trail, passes through the Shannon Trail, and continues to Earl Henderson to close the loop.

last hike of the season

Awesome short hike! Branches off to other longer hike. Mostly shade, beautiful views all around.

garstin trail to berns trail and back

Great 2.5-3 hour hike! Easy to get to trailhead. We hiked Garstin trail up and then connected to Henderson for the return. We stopped along the way rather frequently to enjoy the views, wildflowers, lizards, grasses, birds, and rock formations. Cool breeze near the top was just in time. Wish I had worn hiking boots to not be bothered by the prickly grass parts that got stuck in my socks and shoes a lot. We had lunch at Native Foods Café just off La Verne/Sunrise to top off a beautiful afternoon!

moderate up and part way down and then a long flat.

Steep going up Garstin, but I would rather go up it than down! Views are exceptional. Shannon is in very good shape this year (2019), only slightly damaged by the Feb rains. My favourite hike in Palm Springs.

recorded Garstin Loop Trail

Counterclockwise. Steep up. Some OK nature views, but mostly looking at civilization. Long and boring on the loop back.

A great trail with the perfect combination of effort and enjoyment. Things are blooming and the views are outstanding. Took us about 2 hours total.

A good hike with good views. I would recommend a walking stick for a few mildly steep sections. Always amused by ‘poorly marked trail’ comments, isn’t that why you have this app? Happy trails!

The trail is very green right now, wildflowers galore.

Steep up and down but great views up and different ones of Palm Springs on way down. Total time two hours.

Great loop...easy to find and trails marked well. Will be back!

Good views of the old Bob Hope house on the way down Henderson. An army of construction workers are working on the house

Awesome trail....absolutley worth it.

It was a cool morning when we hiked so we were glad to see the sun. We also saw a beautiful rainbow. Glad to be with people who knew the way because the trail is not well marked.

Poorly Marked trails. Not attended. Not my favorite but was good to be outdoors and active

I went clockwise this time lots of horse poop at the bottom

This is an awesome trail! We went counterclockwise and the views are spectacular! We intended to do the loop but when you reach the top there are 2 trails and neither are marked so we returned the way we came up. Only saw a couple of hikers so we enjoyed that it was not crowded. Plenty of parking on the cul-de-sac and surrounding streets.

love it

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Did this hike a couple of times when I was in the area, once as a hike the other as a trail run (with some hiking up the steep climbs!) Preferred running it to hiking it

Friday, April 13, 2018

Just enough challenge to get your heart beating. Beautiful vistas Trails are single file.

Friday, April 06, 2018

Very good hiking trail for me, a beginner at 77 years.

Sunday, March 04, 2018

Did the trail counter clockwise and the climb up was great. Somewhat challenging, hard to go up at a cardio pace because I kept stopping to take in how amazingly beautiful the views were. Surprised no one has yet to mention how much HORSE POOP is on the trail. The entire lower portion of the trail, the Henderson, is also an equestrian trail and there’s horse poop everywhere. Which was annoying because it takes up the whole width of the trail! If I do this trail again, I’ll start counter clockwise again, do the Berns loop at the top and come down the way I came and skip the lower portion of the “horse poop loop.”

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Did this hike for the first time this week and went counter clock wise. It started out steep and leveled out before declining. The trail seems well maintained and beautiful, sweeping, desert views. Will for sure be returning :)

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Great hike...do it every time I visit the valley. Great views!

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Good trail for a bit of exercise. Good views of the surrounding area. We did the hike counter-clockwise and found a lot of loose shale on the trail coming down. If I did it again I’d probably do it cw.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Excellent hike if you only have couple hours available. Great for cardio workout going counterclockwise and offers nice mountain and valley views.