Fullerton Loop Trail

Fullerton Loop Trail is a 11.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fullerton, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until June. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

Unique mix of 85% dirt single and double track trail with 15% sidewalk/asphalt riding. The trail is a patchwork of old equestrian paths that run along property lines and an old railroad bed corridor. All along the trail there are "side trails" and "extra credit" sections for the more advanced of us that offer some nice variety to an otherwise tame mountain bike ride. Almost like a video game, there are features hidden all along it's length that beg for exploration.

Very flat and highly trafficked.. lots of dogs, bikers, runners etc. We even came across a stray cat, which the dog-friend didn't quite like. A lot of the trail butts up against people's back yard. We hopped on the trail and just did a quick down/back for a few miles.

Great place to run and clean.

nice trail

My favorite trail.

Beautiful Trail, we lived it!

Not too bad. A lot of people on this trail. But people on the trail are very friendly.

I've walked/hiked this loop trail a few times but prefer mountain biking it. This was my "go to" mountain biking course for a couple of years.

Not necessarily a hike but peaceful

A nice long loop especially considering the urban area. The trail was mostly flat and almost completely dirt. People walking their dogs, people watering their yards, people out for a nice hike with their families, overall a very pleasant walk.

Awesome trail to run. Visiting rhe area and was looking for a good place to get an hour run in and the place was awesome highly recommend it.

Great hiking trail!

great hike with lots of views!

Didn’t like the streets or high hills, I’m a beginner.. that’s why..

Good urban trail. Not enough elevation gain to be considered for one of our conditioning hikes to get ready for Supai region of the Grand Canyon.

great horseback riding

had a great time, except for the man who thought it was funny to let his little dog lunge at our horses.

Thanks to App! I was able to navigate the trail.

One of my favorite trails. Consists of 4 -5 challenging hills. Pretty smooth overall except for some of the downhill runs that makes me wish I had full suspension. Still great to do on a hard tail, especially on the climbs.

I always do this trail clockwise. Starting in the main parking lot, I warm up until the first hill after the small bridge, after that I try to keep the heart rate elevated. The longest hill comes after you cross the first rail road tracks. This goes along the left side of a narrow park. My advice is not to extend too much energy on this hill because it can sap your energy on the 3-4 hills that follow.

This trail has sporadic patches of sand that can surprise you. It’s best to ride the trail a few times at a moderate pace until you learn where these are. When you hit soft sand, I find it’s best to sit back in the saddle and try to lighten the front wheel. Use the rear brake more and try not to panic when the front tire slides.

This trail is great for beginners and anyone looking to get a good workout in. Usually takes 1 to 2 hours to complete, depending on your condition.

The rain knocked down any dust, delightfully tacky. With all the trail maintenance that has been going on its in great shape.

Fun areas to explore. Not really wilderness but still fun! It's basically lots of small trails looped into one

Nice place !

This is a good walk in the city. Fairly flat, and wide. You could easily do this with a stroller. Note: super busy, but also super easy to get to.

The trail is best fit for walking or running versus hiking. Shaded with trees, the route provides adequate shelter from the sun. If it is your first time be sure to research the trail. It is not a consistent path and you have to cross main roads to get to the next trail.

Nice trail with nice people.

great trail

Great views and a good mix of challenges. It's close by so I'll probably do this often.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Trial is good. Needs sign, fist time without cellphone gps is hard, but once you know the route is good. I like it.