Fullerton Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(716)
Fullerton, California

Fullerton Loop Trail is a 11.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fullerton, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.1 miles Elevation Gain: 898 feet Route Type: Loop

rails trails

Unique mix of 85% dirt single and double track trail with 15% sidewalk/asphalt riding. The trail is a patchwork of old equestrian paths that run along property lines and an old railroad bed corridor. All along the trail there are "side trails" and "extra credit" sections for the more advanced of us that offer some nice variety to an otherwise tame mountain bike ride. Almost like a video game, there are features hidden all along it's length that beg for exploration.

Nice trail. Shaded for most of it. First time going mountain biking.

private property

It lead us into someone’s private property and then we had to walk along a main road on a sidewalk where there were a lot of cars passing. Never doing this trail again.

A shorter 7 mile loop.

Love this trail, I have been running here for the past five years since it’s my local trail. There is a connecting trail head steps away from my house. However, I have been avoiding since the stay at home orders because it has been flooded by non locals. Overcrowded, walking in large groups and don’t have any hiking/trail walking etiquete. I can’t wait for other trails to open up.

flooded

Good trail, ideal place for tranquility but be careful with the bikers. You’ll hit the lake and it’s pretty too. A good jungle between the concrete jungle.

Huge bike jumps.

Good local hike to keep you in shape for the peaks but HATE THE MOUNTAIN BIKERS. Ugh, Most are rude, obnoxious, never yield, they take over the whole trail you don’t even know where to go anymore and are goin super fast in such a crowded space , one yelled at me that I was on the wrong side and I yelled at that B I had the right of way. They’re so lame, if they were badass they would be AT THE MOUNTAINS NOT AT THE LITTLE LOCAL RECREATIONAL TRAIL or at least they should have more self awareness . Can’t wait for the mountains trails to open ...there, the bikers are forced to go at a slower pace and they actually follow etiquette.

Awesome loop trail in the heart of Fullerton and La Habra hills. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner.

Great mountain bike ride. I would say beginner 102, not Intro tho haha.

This is a really fun loop trail to MTB. I love the variety and it's kinda fun to figure out where to go. Even with a downloaded map from Alltrails I always seem to miss a turn somewhere along the way. I do recommend a map and be careful crossing the streets. It is a serious workout, lots of climbing and then a little more climbing. Bring lots of water, don't get caught dehydrated in the middle of this trail. Most ppl seem friendly here.

This was a nice sprawling hike throughout Fullerton. Get to experience quite a few of the various trails in the area. I would recommend not following this map to a T however, near the end it diverts you off Juanita Cooke to go towards Brea Dam area. I would recommend to just ignore this direction and continue down Juanita Cooke trail as this completes the loop better than the other way, and it easier to follow along.

closed
private property

Great trail! However...At the end of Brea Dam it turns into private property :( says no entrance but was to confusing to go back so we followed what all trails suggests. I wish they had it more up to date.

Nice easy walk around Fullerton’s community

A little muddy in a few spots after the rain but not bad. GPS lost me for a minute there so I actually ran about 12 miles.

I have tried to follow the trail but I always got stuck at bastanchury. I love to go up the juanita Cooke trail, towards the golf course and the dam. Then I walk on the side walk back to the courthouse parking. it's not the full trail but it's still a workout.

I ended up in a residential area but it was pretty! Haha