Fullerton Loop Trail

Fullerton Loop Trail is a 11.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fullerton, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Unique mix of 85% dirt single and double track trail with 15% sidewalk/asphalt riding. The trail is a patchwork of old equestrian paths that run along property lines and an old railroad bed corridor. All along the trail there are "side trails" and "extra credit" sections for the more advanced of us that offer some nice variety to an otherwise tame mountain bike ride. Almost like a video game, there are features hidden all along it's length that beg for exploration.

Good urban trail. Not enough elevation gain to be considered for one of our conditioning hikes to get ready for Supai region of the Grand Canyon.

great horseback riding

had a great time, except for the man who thought it was funny to let his little dog lunge at our horses.

Thanks to App! I was able to navigate the trail.

One of my favorite trails. Consists of 4 -5 challenging hills. Pretty smooth overall except for some of the downhill runs that makes me wish I had full suspension. Still great to do on a hard tail, especially on the climbs.

I always do this trail clockwise. Starting in the main parking lot, I warm up until the first hill after the small bridge, after that I try to keep the heart rate elevated. The longest hill comes after you cross the first rail road tracks. This goes along the left side of a narrow park. My advice is not to extend too much energy on this hill because it can sap your energy on the 3-4 hills that follow.

This trail has sporadic patches of sand that can surprise you. It’s best to ride the trail a few times at a moderate pace until you learn where these are. When you hit soft sand, I find it’s best to sit back in the saddle and try to lighten the front wheel. Use the rear brake more and try not to panic when the front tire slides.

This trail is great for beginners and anyone looking to get a good workout in. Usually takes 1 to 2 hours to complete, depending on your condition.