Froom Creek, Old Prospector and Pond Loop

moderate 22 reviews

Froom Creek, Old Prospector and Pond Loop is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Luis Obispo, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 797 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail can get muddy if it rains. A mix of single track and technical in the beginning. Opens to a large fire road towards the end and back to really narrow (but smooth) single track. Offline map is recommended. Users have reported that the trails are not marked well.

Trail was a good, runnable trail. I did the uphill side first and had a long descent down. Single track and technical in the beginning. Opens to a large fire road towards the end and back to really narrow (but smooth) single track. Would do again but the sign markers don’t really mark for this trail so I had to keep referencing this app when I got to trail splits to make sure I wasn’t going the wrong way. That’s the reason I subtracted stars. Shady for first half, full exposure on fire roads. It was muddy, but it also recently rained. Not sure if that’s normal or not. Also, my Garmin marked this as 3.37 miles. Took me 50 min (including the stopping).

App did not accurately track my movements for over half the hike

recorded Recording - Jun 05, 19:52