Fresno Canyon Trail

Fresno Canyon Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Corona, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Off the Green River exit on the 91 Fwy. Head toward Corona on Green River. Turn into the Green River Promenade shopping center. Park nearest Green River. Walk down to the sidewalk on Green River and head East. Just past the buildings on the south side there will be a dirt wash/trail on the southside of Green River. This point will be designated the Fresno Canyon Trailhead.

If you're smarter than I am, you will want to do the following:
1. Given the steep grade and loose terrain, trekking poles would have helped a lot. And maybe some snow skis for the decent.
2. Pick a cool day. Once you leave the canyon (early on) it's pretty much ridgeline hiking the whole way, and you're completely exposed.
3. Think of this more as a workout than a hike. It's like interval training for hikers, with super steep inclines interrupted periodically by flattish terrain. And the higher you go, the steeper and looser the course.
4. Gaiters wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

Hiked this trail a few times as a conditioning trail in the evenings, nice view from the top. Not to boring but enough to give you a workout.

This trail is rated hard and it was. But definitely worth the cardio workout. The last portion is super steep and the dirt is really lose so we weren’t able to complete it. Great views from the top.

Took my girlfriend up the trail. Definitely a nice place to get away from the city. Great view of the freeways.

If you continue to take this trail up and up and up, you will eventually get to Sierra Peak. Sierra Peak is easy to recognize because there are numerous antennas, cell towers and such on the summit. There are not any signs after the trailhead sign but if you keep taking the main trail, you will find Sierra Peak but it will be about 4 1/2 miles each way. The trail starts out very easy with a gradual incline on a fire road. You will pass over a street and continue to gain elevation. There are VERY steep areas which surprised me. I recommend bringing hiking poles (which I did not bring) and good hiking boots, especially for the return trip.

Additionally, unless you love extreme heat, do this hike early or on a cool day because there is no shade at all.

Normally, I would give this type of hike (mostly fire-type road) a 2 or 3-star but the extreme steepness, spring wildflowers, and the windy cool day made it a wonderful hike.

Great hike. Had some trouble finding the trailhead. Best thing to do is to put directions on your GPS to Green River Promenade, Park there and then head east on green river road until you hit the trail head. The address to the trailhead is 4180 Green River Rd, Corona, CA 92880.

And then you are ready to hike! About .3 miles in, you have to cross a street to continue on the hike, there are no signs but just continue directly ahead. I loved the views from the various viewpoints.

I only hiked 3 miles in, but you can go further if your in the mood. There is a section that was loose gravel and i had to stop a couple times to reassess how to traverse it. My dog did fine on the trail. I would recommend to wear a SPF hat and sunscreen, it is completely exposed the whole way. Bring plenty of water.

I wouldn’t say this trail is hard, just moderate. It was pretty gradual, but not enough that you are huffing and puffing. The trail was quiet on a Friday morning. Not a single soul when I hiked. Overall, I would come again with some friends!

Great weather to hike the trail today. We always take it to the very top because the view is amazing. This trail always kicks my butt...

I hiked this solo on a Saturday and never saw another person. I parked on the street just off of green river. next time I will skip the first "road" portion of this trail and park above it on the residential street (if I can). Once you're on the trail It gets steep right away. Very easy to navigate, I followed anothers trail recording and had cell service the whole way. There are a couple of hills you can go around if they are too steep for you. Near the 3 mile mark the hills get looser and steeper. Sketchy loose dirt. I turned around, did not go all the way. Next time will bring a friend and go all the way up to top. This was a great work out, hard... but the views were worth it

Great little hike with an awesome view of Corona. Definitely steep. Beginners might want to plan on stopping a half mile from the top. It's worth the walk!

You can make this a lot longer if you want to because the trail keeps going. We turned around at 3.3 mile mark. My Jack Russell did fine on this trail. There are two inclined that we’re tough because of the slippery dirt. I kept slipping when climbing. At the 3.3 mark you’re at 2500 elevation.

one of the best canyon trail for sure.

I’d call it moderate. In the areas with a steep hill, there’s always a path to bypass it. I didn’t see a single other person. Great views!

This trail starts out fairly easy but there are some intense inclines in the second half. The views along the way and certainly at the top are well worth the work. There is loose rock and dirt on several of the inclines. recommend hiking shoes over tennis shoes. Lots of water and a hat because there is no shade. I️ didn’t a single other person and at times there was complete silence!

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Nice steady incline - a bit rocky on mile two. Great view good burn going up with a nice downhill to jog back with.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Fun run. But it's more than 2.2 miles and the climb is actually longer. Overall super fun and very scenic

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Bikers paradise...not good for running or small dogs unless you want to risk breaking your leg or your dogs hurting their paws due to the broken cement and rock terrain.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Nice hike. 1st time and will definitely become frequent trail. 4 stars b/c i didnt think it was that hard of a hike even tho it is up hill the entire time. highly recommend tho.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

up.up up.
Tough hills.
Took about and hour and a half round trip to the top. The views are amazing.

recorded Fresno Canyon Trail