French Trail and Stream Trail Loop via Skyline Blvd

French Trail and Stream Trail Loop via Skyline Blvd is a 7.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Canyon, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park at the Skyline Gate Staging Area at Pine Hills Dr.

Came across 5 friendly dogs looking to be petted.

Beautiful redwoods

Beautiful and peaceful. We hardly saw another person.

Epic

I wished dogs were leashed!

Great trail - beautiful redwoods, well shaded. This trail is on the harder end of the moderate - a lot of ups and downs.

Great trail I've done many times with a lot of different friends. One I miss in the area.

Moderate and well shaded.

We just missed a turn and end up adding few more miles of hike! Total hike - 11.7 miles
It was an amazing experience though extremely tiring!
Suggestion- Try smaller hikes with moderate/difficult before you take this one.

beautiful route along creek and redwood forest setting. the French trail is mostly single track and rolling up/down (moderate to steep at times)

Beautiful scenery, don't miss Ladybug Crossing! French Trail is no joke, but with so many intersecting trails cutting through the middle, there are plenty of options to customize the length if your knees need to cut things short.

Gorgeous redwoods. A lot of elevation game.

Difficult hike, mostly shaded, not many people. Will definitely hike again.

Super easy hike! Paths are wide and well defined!

As good as it gets for trail running purposes. Start in the parking lot follow signs for Stream Trail. It's downhill then levels out with beautiful shady groves following a small Creek, which was still flowing in mid August. Once you transfer over to the West Ridge Trail it's a butt kicker in terms of elevation gain but overall this is now going to be one of my go to runs in this area!

Started on the Stream trail and it was completely flat and paved part of the way. Still nice scenery, but not as much of a "hike" as I was looking for. Hit the French trail a little over 3 miles in (after crossing over via the Ridge trail) and that was a really nice trail. If I did this again, I'd just go out and back on the French. Good amount of ups and downs which made for short bursts of difficulty but nothing too strenuous. Quite foggy but beautiful. Watch out for poison oak!!

This was a great hiking trail. I went to the Stream Trail, Orchard Trail, French Trail, West Ridge Trail. This is about 9 miles hike. This starts easy, to a bit of a harder hike then stayed moderate till the end. This hike is majority in the shade!!! My kind of hike

I love it! Feeling very lucky to have this park so close to where I live

A tough hike. Lots of uphill climbing. one to remember! Ended up doing around 10 miles because we missed turns and such. Pay attention! Great leg and butt workout

So lucky to be able to drive 10 minutes and end up in these amazing redwood groves with not that many people around (considering we're in the Bay Area).