French Trail and Stream Trail Loop via Skyline Blvd

French Trail and Stream Trail Loop via Skyline Blvd is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park at the Skyline Gate Staging Area at Pine Hills Dr.

Beautiful, shaded, good for running, lots of trail options

A tot of tree cover. Great hike for the hotter months

the only issue i have with the place is not the place itself but the irresponsible and sometimes even arrogant dog owners who allow their dogs to go off leash. there is so much info provided by the ebrpd about conservation and the impact of y'alls dogs disturbing the fragility of flora and fauna of the park. there are hella dog friendly nature spots in the bay stop encroaching on areas that really need protection. i'm grateful rangers ticket the hell outta y'all. please humble yourself and get educated and examine your sense of responsibility and care to the future of humxnkind and mama nature.

other than that, what is not to love about this place? been going there since a wee thing with my fam. thx ebrpd, government regulation (ya hear, neoliberals and libertarians?), and tax mula for keeping these parks so accessible, protected enough, and natural.

It was a good hike, pretty much downhill all the way on the Stream Trail, and then bursts of good short climbs on the way back through the French Trail. We saw wild flowers and lots of dogs on the Stream Trail, but once we got onto the French Trail, there wasn't much traffic. The whole trail was quite muddy though because of the rains.

Nice hike, lots of lovely dogs, very pretty but not spectacular. I went during the week l, so there was plenty of parking and many times where I was alone on the trail.

Great hike! Crowded! Parking is hard because the lot is small. Had to park down the road. If you follow the suggested route, the first part is paved and relatively flat, the way back is more challenging with some uphills. Trails well marked, easy to follow. Love the dogs!!

The hike and weather was beautiful today 2/10/18. A few big inclines but our 9 year old was able to manage with a few breaks. Although I didnt use this app to record my hike, our loop was 5.02 miles. I gave it 2 stars because it's an overpopulated trail. Lots of groups, bikers, runners and lots lot lots of dogs off leash, even though dogs must be kept on leash. There was a park ranger ticketing people who had dogs were off leash. The parking lot and surrounding area was jammed packed. Even though the trail is beautiful, I wouldn't be back.

Parking was a little bit challenge when I arrived this morning. Maybe because it's a weekend. its a great place to hike.

Have to say I really love this trail! It should be my favorite trail so far. This distance is a little bit challenge for my boyfriend. But I want him to exercise more, so it’s good for us. View is super nice! Hope we can go for a hike here very often!

Beautiful trail with very little incline. There is definitely a lot of dogs and bikers on the trail. There is also picnic areas and bathrooms along the trail

Great for a day hike with the pup. Highly recommend French trail and redwood peak trails. They are pretty amazing.

Came across 5 friendly dogs looking to be petted.

Beautiful redwoods

Beautiful and peaceful. We hardly saw another person.

Epic

I wished dogs were leashed!

Great trail - beautiful redwoods, well shaded. This trail is on the harder end of the moderate - a lot of ups and downs.

Great trail I've done many times with a lot of different friends. One I miss in the area.

Moderate and well shaded.

We just missed a turn and end up adding few more miles of hike! Total hike - 11.7 miles
It was an amazing experience though extremely tiring!
Suggestion- Try smaller hikes with moderate/difficult before you take this one.

beautiful route along creek and redwood forest setting. the French trail is mostly single track and rolling up/down (moderate to steep at times)

Beautiful scenery, don't miss Ladybug Crossing! French Trail is no joke, but with so many intersecting trails cutting through the middle, there are plenty of options to customize the length if your knees need to cut things short.

Gorgeous redwoods. A lot of elevation game.

Difficult hike, mostly shaded, not many people. Will definitely hike again.

Super easy hike! Paths are wide and well defined!

As good as it gets for trail running purposes. Start in the parking lot follow signs for Stream Trail. It's downhill then levels out with beautiful shady groves following a small Creek, which was still flowing in mid August. Once you transfer over to the West Ridge Trail it's a butt kicker in terms of elevation gain but overall this is now going to be one of my go to runs in this area!

Started on the Stream trail and it was completely flat and paved part of the way. Still nice scenery, but not as much of a "hike" as I was looking for. Hit the French trail a little over 3 miles in (after crossing over via the Ridge trail) and that was a really nice trail. If I did this again, I'd just go out and back on the French. Good amount of ups and downs which made for short bursts of difficulty but nothing too strenuous. Quite foggy but beautiful. Watch out for poison oak!!

This was a great hiking trail. I went to the Stream Trail, Orchard Trail, French Trail, West Ridge Trail. This is about 9 miles hike. This starts easy, to a bit of a harder hike then stayed moderate till the end. This hike is majority in the shade!!! My kind of hike

I love it! Feeling very lucky to have this park so close to where I live

A tough hike. Lots of uphill climbing. one to remember! Ended up doing around 10 miles because we missed turns and such. Pay attention! Great leg and butt workout