Freeway Ridge OHV Trail

Freeway Ridge OHV Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wofford Heights, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,614 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

ohv/off road driving

It's a great trail for 4x4 off-roaders.

ohv/off road driving

A couple challenging sections but still would call moderate. Definitely want a high clearance vehicle. Stock Jeep is fine, even without lockers. May want some armor underneath but experienced drivers won’t need it.

ohv/off road driving

Fantastic trail for my first time ever 4x4ing. New Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Nothing way out of my comfort zone despite the "Most Difficult" signage. Just some scratches from the bushes, nothing that can't be buffed out. NOTE! The gate is closed but that does not mean the trail is closed; you just need to close the gate after yourselves.

ohv/off road driving

If you want a beautiful trail this is it! We did the Freeway Ridge - Black Gulch Trail loop. It was not too difficult. The air is cool, everything was green, water In some spots and it was just gorgeous. Our jeeps made it easily.

Sat Feb 24 2018

Beginner to off roading and took the trail no problem. There were some difficult spots and some optional difficult spots. Overall, was a fun day.

Mon Sep 25 2017

This was a great and very fun trail. Wasn't to hard but had a few challenging spots.

Sun May 29 2016

I don't know if it was because of the El Niño but the ruts are deep the climbs were steep with rocks on the climbs. Holy smokes batman it was pretty awesome and it was a challenge. I loved it

Mon May 26 2014

I was invited to do this trail last week. What an experience. It was a great day of wheelin. I didn't think it was as hard as some make it sound. It's challenging in just a few spots. But for the most part it's a fun trail.

Tue Jan 07 2014

This is an extremely difficult trail for offroading. Many times the trail is too narrow to pass and it can get a little complicated! Definitely a good trail just outside of Bakersfield for a dedicated trail rig. I came down the backside in my 1990 Toyota and lost the idler arm and both tie rod ends. My truck spent 3 days on the trail while I hiked out to get parts and tools to fix it, before limping it out of there!

Sun Dec 03 2017